|25 Sep 2012||#1|
| || |
Flashing windows on games
I have a problem with solitaire flashing on windows 7 i have tried various things all programs are up to date and windows updates are installed.
1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Expand the games folder and uncheck the box next to solitaire, restart your computer and check the box.
3. To turn a Windows feature on, select the check box next to the feature. To turn a Windows feature off, clear the check box. Click OK
Did not work and tried
1. Click Start .
2. In the Start Search textbox type Services.msc If prompted by the UAC, provide a password or confirmation. Click Continue .
3. Scroll down until you locate the entry that is labeled Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.
4. Right-Click on this service. Select Stop from the context menu.
5. Right Click once again on the entry. Select Properties from the context menu.
6. Go to the “General Tab ” to change the start up type to Disabled. Click OK .
I tried it and all the symptoms stopped immediatiely.
The only downside that I see is that windows aero is disabled and the "open window preview" you see when you mouse over the taskbar icons is disabled.
However, this is just a workaround and this issue is still a bug, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Can anybody help fix this please
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Flashing windows on games|
|Windows log on screen won't load just keeps flashing||General Discussion|
|Windowed games "flashing"||Gaming|
|Flashing taskbar/windows||General Discussion|
|Flashing my 8800GT because i now have Windows 7||Graphic Cards|
|windows flashing.... ????||General Discussion|
|Windows updates notification keeps flashing||Windows Updates & Activation|
|Windows 7, games keep flashing and hard to use||Graphic Cards|