Ok, this made me really confused
Just confirm this... are you running it on Win XP SP3 ???
The fix was ment for Win 7, but oh well...
I've run S4 from Win XP SP2/SP3 , Win Vista and Win 7 : XP and Vista worked ok for me, Win 7 did not (I tested it on 4 different PC). I tested the batch files on my friends PC and it worked, so I think you are looking for another solution.
I think I have an idea:
1. Run the batch file called "Run this 1st.bat" and click cancel when the game window pops up OR
just remove "s4_option_en.s4" from your game folder.
2. Download the batch file KILL_ALL_UNREQUIRED_PROCESSES.bat
and run it. WARNING:
Your internet browser will close after you run the .bat file so I suggest you read the following steps carefully before running the file.
3. After you run the .bat file, you should only see your background image and nothing more, but don't fret, ok!
4. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL and select Task Manager.
5. Click on the "Applications" tab and then click "New Task..."
6. Browse for your game shortcut or go to the game folder and select "patcher_s4.exe"
7. Start the game!
If it works I'll try to think of a shorter solution, if not, then I'll think of something else
Edit: Ok, there is a big chance it won't do anything to solve your problem (But try it out anyway)