Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Battlefield 3 won't launch

15 Nov 2012   #1
MadSupra354

 
Battlefield 3 won't launch

I thought it was something to do with the IE 10 Preview, installed Firefox, same deal. Uninstalled IE 10, same deal. It will just say "Battlefield 3 has stopped responding".


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Nov 2012   #2
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit Technical Preview
 
 

Try running Ccleaner on your computer to clear out any cache or data that might be messing up the browser. Just want to make sure this is or is not a browser issue or is a game issue. Download CCleaner here at the blue link and run it. Click analyze then run the cleaner and let it clean it out. Make sure your browsers are closed when running ccleaner.
Download CCleaner 3.24.1850 - FileHippo.com
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Nov 2012   #3
OneandonlySunny

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

my battlefield 3 stopped working at a mission

i tried playing again & again
but no luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Nov 2012   #4
MadSupra354

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Try running Ccleaner on your computer to clear out any cache or data that might be messing up the browser. Just want to make sure this is or is not a browser issue or is a game issue. Download CCleaner here at the blue link and run it. Click analyze then run the cleaner and let it clean it out. Make sure your browsers are closed when running ccleaner.
Download CCleaner 3.24.1850 - FileHippo.com
I'd already had CCleaner installed, but I ran it, and BF3 worked again, so I reinstalled IE 10, re-cleaned and it works! Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Nov 2012   #5
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit Technical Preview
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MadSupra354 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Try running Ccleaner on your computer to clear out any cache or data that might be messing up the browser. Just want to make sure this is or is not a browser issue or is a game issue. Download CCleaner here at the blue link and run it. Click analyze then run the cleaner and let it clean it out. Make sure your browsers are closed when running ccleaner.
Download CCleaner 3.24.1850 - FileHippo.com
I'd already had CCleaner installed, but I ran it, and BF3 worked again, so I reinstalled IE 10, re-cleaned and it works! Thanks!
NP glad it works now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #6
MadSupra354

 

Thought it was resolved. Uninstalled IE 10, and the game was working fine yesterday, but now it's not working again. I can't even load it from Origin, it will just say 'Battlefield 3 has stopped working'. Tried reinstalling Battlelog plugins.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #7
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

do you have the latest graphics drivers , even the beta ones ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2012   #8
MadSupra354

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
do you have the latest graphics drivers , even the beta ones ?
I installed 310.54 Beta to see if it helped.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #9
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit Technical Preview
 
 

Hmm, do you have a window restore point to return to a date the game was working? Try restoring the system to the date before you installed ie10 when the issues sprung up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #10
MadSupra354

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Hmm, do you have a window restore point to return to a date the game was working?
Normally I would, but I don't. Will the game work after the IE 10 RTW is released?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Battlefield 3 won't launch




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Problem Playing Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142
Ok I just got a computer with Windows 7 on it, it's a Dell Gaming laptop and everything works fine on I except one thing, when I play Battlefield 2, or Battlefield 2142 in single player, It will sometimes lag, it's really bad on battlefield 2142 and I have graphics on low settings, I moded them...
Gaming
BSOD playing battlefield 3/battlefield 4 beta
I've made threads asking for help in the past and went back over them before posting here, but I'm kind of stuck again. I ran furmark without my gpu overheating/crashing, and I ran prime95 again without overheating/crashing. I haven't done any overclocking, and I ran 9 passes of memtest...
BSOD Help and Support
Battlefield 4
Battlefield - Official Site http://blogs.battlefield.com/ http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/prod.battlefield.com/sites/default/files/portal-promo-01.jpg?cb=65a9bd130000aaba http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/prod.battlefield.com/sites/default/files/portal-promo-03.jpg?cb=65a9bd130000aaba...
Gaming
battlefield 3
will the radeon hd 6790 run bf3 on high settings my system info is listed in profile ty for ur help:huh:
Gaming
BattleField 2
Hi all, I brought BattleField 2 about 4 years ago. I also recently upgraded to Win7. I installed BF2 on my old Toshiba. Worked fine with: 1GB RAM, 120GB SATA HD, NIVIDA GeForce 2100, Vista home premium OS. Now I have: 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, NIVIDA GeFore 3600 graphics and 7 home premium OS. ...
Gaming
Launch Manager (Quick Launch Buttons)
I now have these quick launch buttons working but I was wondering how can I change the defaut programns they open. e.g. The email button opens Outlook but I want it to open Windows Live Mail. REP will be given.
Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:11.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App