Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: DirectX 11 is another money taker...


26 Sep 2009   #1

Windows 7 SP1 x64
 
 
DirectX 11 is another money taker...

Okay i google'd abt what graphical advantages would DX11 bring to gamers...
I looked around the net and saw the demo pics of the first(?) DX11 game STALKER Call of Pripyat and saw a BIG disappointment when i saw the comparison!
Look and please tell me whats the diff between dx10 and 11 exept nice shadows and lighter colors
(AND ABT 200$ LESS OUT OF YOUR POCKET!)

Link to pics.:http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60619

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Sep 2009   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Vista will be getting DX11 support soon and since Windows 7 is about 150 and a whole load faster and with more cool features than Vista I'd say it's worth it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #3

Windows 7 SP1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Vista will be getting DX11 support soon and since Windows 7 is about 150 and a whole load faster and with more cool features than Vista I'd say it's worth it.
Have you saw the pictures?
They are Absolutely the same!
Its only Microsoft's brainwashing us to make it think it's "with more cool feature"
Its definetly a money waster(money for a new gpu that support's it!)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Sep 2009   #4

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ratePV View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Vista will be getting DX11 support soon and since Windows 7 is about 150 and a whole load faster and with more cool features than Vista I'd say it's worth it.
Have you saw the pictures?
They are Absolutely the same!
Its only Microsoft's brainwashing us to make it think it's "with more cool feature"
Its definetly a money waster(money for a new gpu that support's it!)
It is a con, I agree. Just like with Vista.

In my opinion, vista was released because MS know Windows 7 wouldn't sell if it was released after XP. And so by making a slow, resource hog of a OS but with shiney graphics it would sell somewhat, but when people started complaining about it they'll sell a new OS, Windows 7, and rake in even more money.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #5

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ratePV View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
Vista will be getting DX11 support soon and since Windows 7 is about 150 and a whole load faster and with more cool features than Vista I'd say it's worth it.
Have you saw the pictures?
They are Absolutely the same!
Its only Microsoft's brainwashing us to make it think it's "with more cool feature"
Its definetly a money waster(money for a new gpu that support's it!)
It is a con, I agree. Just like with Vista.

In my opinion, vista was released because MS know Windows 7 wouldn't sell if it was released after XP. And so by making a slow, resource hog of a OS but with shiney graphics it would sell somewhat, but when people started complaining about it they'll sell a new OS, Windows 7, and rake in even more money.
i like your theory, but dont you think hardware makers would not sell machines with vista on it if this was so?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

simply human nature, dear Watson. we covet shiny rocks, and metals, and put price tags on animals. objects with no actual value outside of the human species, that merely exist, and nothing else. why would a system of operations be so different. well ... because its shiny, and therfore, valuable. cha-ching.

as for the DX 10 & 11 comparison. it looks pretty much the same. sometimes i dont see much difference between 9 and 10 versions of games. might just be me, or it may just be that particular game, but i dont see much improvement. time will tell, i suppose
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #7

 

DirectCompute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DirectX 11 is a major breakthough in desktop computing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Time has told.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #9

Windows 7 rtm
 
 

indeed
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2009   #10

Win7 7100 / WinXP SP2
 
 

Actually to burst your conspiracy theory bubble MS thought Vista would be good but didn't realize that by removing all that made Windows windows they cursed and doomed the OS to complete and total failure
Not to mention the OS didn't even AGREE with half the hardware out there which made you had to buy new hardware to even SUPPORT Vista operations.

Windows 7 is the true successor to XP, It's faster by a small margin than XP when running games and a few apps. It's able to run DX 10/11 like Vista but w/o the hellish nightmare of "Sorry this card isn't Vista certified"
Once companies get on the Windows 7 bandwagon and start Supporting the OS (as it's due soon) The better off we'll all be.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 DirectX 11 is another money taker...




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33