Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?


06 Mar 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 
Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?

Hey all im touching down on the new TombRaider edition for Pc

So far it has been pretty straight forward but then again if you played versions of earlier TombRaiders then you have a clue i have here a few screen shots of the quality

Right now im on ultimate settings very crisp and i have to say some of the scenes had me feeling it especially when she was doing high elevation climbing



Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?-tr2.jpg   Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?-tr3.jpg   Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?-tr4.jpg   Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?-tr5.jpg   Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?-tr6.png  

Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?-tr7.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Mar 2013   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I'm having problems with the latest Nvidia Drivers version 314.07 it would freeze then crash. I reverted to version 311.06 and it works a treat although I only get 40fps now. The new 314.14 beta still has the crashing problem of the previous version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vipermk2 View Post
I'm having problems with the latest Nvidia Drivers version 314.07 it would freeze then crash. I reverted to version 311.06 and it works a treat although I only get 40fps now. The new 314.14 beta still has the crashing problem of the previous version.

That started out with me would play and freeze but i toned down my GPU's overclock and no issues since and may i say this game has put me on notice

I never had a game that had me feel the altitude damn scenes had me kinda freaking i guess this is what realistic game play is about hell my wife couldn't belive it was a game she said it looks so real lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Mar 2013   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vipermk2 View Post
I'm having problems with the latest Nvidia Drivers version 314.07 it would freeze then crash. I reverted to version 311.06 and it works a treat although I only get 40fps now. The new 314.14 beta still has the crashing problem of the previous version.
Tomb Raider's GeForce performance issues being looked at by Nvidia and Crystal Dynamics | News | PC Gamer
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

With Nvidia make sure to disable Tesselation. Ive seen reports that those with 500 series cards aren't having a issue.
Im not using Tess or FX hair hair on my 570, nor do I use DoF simply because I never liked DoF so Im not sure how true the tessaltaion thing is.

All else on Ultra (using FXAA) and it runs smooth as can be for me. Very well made PC game overall IMHO.

Also, FWIW, those on the previous 310.90 seem to be having less issues.

Im not exactly sure why, but it seems most of the issues revolve around 600 series, tesselation, and possibly the newer drivers.

---Oh, and the exclusive full screen seems to be causing crashing for everyone. (Unless of course some of this has been patched, they've had a few lately)


In regards to the game itself, Im disappointed yet impressed at the same time.
By that I mean, it doesn't feel like previous TR games to me. Theres a bit more action, and the tomb raiding/puzzles are more like short brain teasers than a long series of puzzles (if that makes sense what I mean).

On the other hand, its a beautiful game and I must admit Im having fun with it. But for those expecting a pretty version of the old may be left a bit disappointed as well.

None-the-Less Im enjoying it so far
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
With Nvidia make sure to disable Tesselation. Ive seen reports that those with 500 series cards aren't having a issue.
Im not using Tess or FX hair hair on my 570, nor do I use DoF simply because I never liked DoF so Im not sure how true the tessaltaion thing is.

All else on Ultra (using FXAA) and it runs smooth as can be for me. Very well made PC game overall IMHO.

Also, FWIW, those on the previous 310.90 seem to be having less issues.

Im not exactly sure why, but it seems most of the issues revolve around 600 series, tesselation, and possibly the newer drivers.

---Oh, and the exclusive full screen seems to be causing crashing for everyone. (Unless of course some of this has been patched, they've had a few lately)


In regards to the game itself, Im disappointed yet impressed at the same time.
By that I mean, it doesn't feel like previous TR games to me. Theres a bit more action, and the tomb raiding/puzzles are more like short brain teasers than a long series of puzzles (if that makes sense what I mean).

On the other hand, its a beautiful game and I must admit Im having fun with it. But for those expecting a pretty version of the old may be left a bit disappointed as well.

None-the-Less Im enjoying it so far
That is what i was thinking in a nutshell it seems kinda flat when it comes to puzzles how far are you because i am somewhere in the mountains trying to get to the temple of the sacrafice also i found a secret tomb and got bonus points
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Im in Shanty Town ATM.
Havent had the time to play as much as I like
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Im in Shanty Town ATM.
Havent had the time to play as much as I like

Im in the shanty town too i picked up much ground from there i was in a battle with all the thugs on my way in im on the third thug battle

More like max payne then TR lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Mar 2013   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I think too much combat and not enough exploration or puzzles.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Anyone Currently Playing TombRaider ?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33