Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Mass effect glitch???


23 Mar 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 
Mass effect glitch???

Been playing mass effect for like over 8 hrs and Me and my squad and enemies become black pixels, nothing else in the game anyone know why or how to fix this??

I have the latest nvidia beta drivers.. v314.14

My specs are:

AMD FX 6300 3.5GHz Piledriver
8gb ddr
GTX 2GB 660!!
Windows 7 64Bit



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Mar 2013   #2

Windows 7 professional X64
 
 

Looks like saturated VRAM. Skyrim can have a similar issue when using HD mods, but there is a command in the game to flush memory to gain control of the textures again.

Your graphics card is pretty archaic to be honest, you should consider upgrading.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Well tbh i don't have any problems with any other games.. i play crysis 3, battlefield 3 and they work fine.. I also have mass effect 2 and 3 but have not installed them as of yet.. and whats wrong with my gfx card? its brand new and my last 660 i had to RMA it cos it was faulty had this new one for about 2 months now without any problems.. until now with just mass effect.. oh and its an Evega ftw edition brand card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Mar 2013   #4

 

Try this:

First go to your Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Config\BioInput.ini and in the file you opened, search for [Engine.Console], and add the line ConsoleKey=Tilde just under it.
If you don't have an english keyboard, you may have to type ConsoleKey=Tab

When in game, activate the console by pressing the tilde key (or tab key). The game console will appear. In it, type:

viewmode unlit

And play through the parts with the bug. Save and reload to reset.
I found it at Mass Effect Black Pixels AMD Bug [FIXED, kinda] - YouTube...

Try to look here too:
Low quality textures fix for Mass Effect - Steam Users' Forums

And no, a GTX 260 isn't archaic for Mass Effect..

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simonlodge View Post
Well tbh i don't have any problems with any other games.. i play crysis 3, battlefield 3 and they work fine.. I also have mass effect 2 and 3 but have not installed them as of yet.. and whats wrong with my gfx card? its brand new and my last 660 i had to RMA it cos it was faulty had this new one for about 2 months now without any problems.. until now with just mass effect.. oh and its an Evega ftw edition brand card.
What GFX do you have now? GTX 260 or GTX 660?
If you bought a "new" GTX 260, return it immediatly and get at least one of the Geforce 400 Series graphics card (or one of the Radeon HD 5000 Series)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Okay thanks for the info will try those.. and i dont have a gtx 260 no more i sold it and i now have a GTX 660 (non-ti) why?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2013   #6

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simonlodge View Post
Okay thanks for the info will try those.. and i dont have a gtx 260 no more i sold it and i now have a GTX 660 (non-ti) why?
Because I understood that you bought a new GTX 260... And buying a 4 years old mid-end graphics card right now is a waste...
(please update your system specs on your profile).

So your GTX 660 should be fine
Keep me updated if these solutions I posted work..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2013   #7

 

Have you overclocked your GPU? You played 8hrs non stop? Maybe it's a heating issue. An overheated GPU can cause problem of artifacts, I think.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2013   #8

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nilank View Post
Have you overclocked your GPU? You played 8hrs non stop? Maybe it's a heating issue. An overheated GPU can cause problem of artifacts, I think.
This is a game's bug... Artifacts should appear to all the screen.. And the GPU is new, so I exclude overheating issues...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2013   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Yes it is a game bug.. and i have fixed it now through this... Choose Language | BioWare Social Network
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Mar 2013   #10

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simonlodge View Post
Yes it is a game bug.. and i have fixed it now through this... Choose Language | BioWare Social Network
Good
Please mark the thread as solved!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Mass effect glitch???




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Mass effect glitch???
Thread Forum
Mass Effect Gaming
mass effect 3 Gaming
Mass Effect 2 Help please. Gaming
Mass effect 2 problem Gaming
Mass Effect 1 Gaming
Mass Effect Gaming
Mass Effect on 6801 Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33