Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Gaming Keyboard

21 May 2013   #51
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
I Game a lot when I get home but I also browse the internet and visit various forums (like S7) on a daily basis and I just don't know how much I like loosing Arrow Keys, DEL, Home, End, etc, etc, etc. Am I going to get used to not having them there?
Both my Ducky Shine and Topre are 104 key. My Filco is a TenKeyLess version which I use with my 'cockpit' and laptop due to space restraints.

I constantly go to press the keys that aren't there. They are great space savers, but if you have the space and are used to full sized keyboards, I'd stick with a full size deck.


To find a deck best suited - check out mechanical keyboard threads. User reviews/impressions are the way to go. They turned me onto good decks.


After reading those threads, this would make sense: Filco Ninja TKL with yellow PBT caps. (Model, size and has custom PBT material keycaps. Most keyboards use ABS material. PBT is longer lasting and more 'sheen' resistant. )



One thing I forgot to mention is customization. There are keycap replacements out there that will let you modify the looks of your deck. Like my ninja and Ducky. Others go to great lengths and have some wicked looking keyboards.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 May 2013   #52
pakistan12

gulbark
 
 

very nice...games
thanks for sharing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2013   #53
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Perhaps when the economy gets a little better for me I will go ahead and update my whole rig to something a little newer... then I can have a new Mech Mouse and KB as well. I do gotta admit, IMHO, those new Mech mouse look nasty ugly and not ergonomically correct at all. Of course, I am wrong and looks might be deceiving but, that is how I am looking at them for now, perhaps in a year or so I will learn to love them just like I know love the Honda Element or the Prius
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 May 2013   #54
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

There are mech mouses, as in with a ball still?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2013   #55
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I think the gaming keyboards are cool but I use a cheap $10 one. I tend to spill coffee or beer on them from time to time.
@Dude man are you my Twin lol that is my number one right there after a few crisp Bottles of Guinness I get kinda loose so you know what that means hahahaha

Lucky I havn't boo boo a spillage on my keyboard yet but I do have to air dust it from all the snack crumbs that fell in the cracks

I use a Microsoft Keyboard my Logitec wireless gave up the ghost and I use a regular Logitech mouse oh how the mighty keyboard and mouse have fallen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2013   #56
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. Plain keyboard but I love my G500 mouse
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 May 2013   #57
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I think the gaming keyboards are cool but I use a cheap $10 one. I tend to spill coffee or beer on them from time to time.
@Dude man are you my Twin lol that is my number one right there after a few crisp Bottles of Guinness I get kinda loose so you know what that means hahahaha

Lucky I havn't boo boo a spillage on my keyboard yet but I do have to air dust it from all the snack crumbs that fell in the cracks

I use a Microsoft Keyboard my Logitec wireless gave up the ghost and I use a regular Logitech mouse oh how the mighty keyboard and mouse have fallen
All I've ever used is a regular mouse and keyboard for m y gaming. Only thing fancy is the style of Keyboard & Mouse - in this case Logitech Wireless Wave, and Logitech Performance MX mouse.

Anyway that keyboard looks cool; but I'll stick with what I have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2013   #58
ganjiry

Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. Plain keyboard but I love my G500 mouse
My first mouse was a G500 Really good mouse but as i have little girly hands it was too high for me and hurt my wrist's. I sold it to a mate for 20 and he's still loving it 2 years later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2013   #59
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
There are mech mouses, as in with a ball still?
No mate. Luckily the ball shall never return


The 'mech/mechanical' part is the keyswtich. It's not feasible to put a mech switch in mice. yet...


The days of aesthetic mice are largely over, but luckily ergonomics are not. My Thermaltake Theron looks ugly and awkward, but is actually the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. There is a mouse for everyy hand. Finding the right one is the tricky part. One size and recommendation does not suit all.

And don't get me wrong folks, I'm not saying 'you're doin' it wrong' because you use membrane boards. I'm a strong advocate of it does the job, no need to replace. (Advice for others, not necessarily myself )

Some membrane keyboards are lucky that the rollover is not near WASD cluster and thus does not impact gaming etc.

However others (like I've had) have been deal breakers. It's down to the PCB (printed circuit board). I'd suggest a new mouse over a cheap, yet comfortable and working keyboard. Again though, if you are content with what you've got - enjoy it.

But - when you've upgraded everything else and are looking for a new avenue of improvement; have a look at mech boards

Tbh, when it comes to peripherals, ignorance is bliss.

I personally notice the differences most people don't. FPS latency, FPS over 30/60, micro-stutter, input polling rates, failed key registers, wireless lag etc

I can easily notice the difference between a polling rate of 125 vs 500. 1000 not so much. I can also notice the almost imperceptible lag a wireless mouse has over wired. Same goes for n key rollover. But if you're lucky enough not too notice, then I envy you.

I've spent far too much finding what suits me. But at least my findings can hopefully help others.

"I spend money so you don't have to"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 May 2013   #60
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
The days of aesthetic mice are largely over, but luckily ergonomics are not. My Thermaltake Theron looks ugly and awkward, but is actually the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. There is a mouse for everyy hand. Finding the right one is the tricky part. One size and recommendation does not suit all.
So, you are saying that, Yes, they are ugly as sin but the ergos do work well... good to hear.

Right you are, I vaguely remember you loving the G9X whereas I am still struggling with it... I guess best thing I could do is go to Best Buy and try them all there... I am just so lazy!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I personally notice the differences most people don't. FPS latency, FPS over 30/60, micro-stutter, input polling rates, failed key registers, wireless lag etc

I can easily notice the difference between a polling rate of 125 vs 500. 1000 not so much. I can also notice the almost imperceptible lag a wireless mouse has over wired. Same goes for n key rollover. But if you're lucky enough not too notice, then I envy you.
I can believe this as being true in the world of Multiplayer but, does it also hold water in the Solo Campaigns?


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I've spent far too much finding what suits me. But at least my findings can hopefully help others.

"I spend money so you don't have to"
Anytime you get tired of all that testing and because I consider you a good efriend, I could sacrifice all that wasted time you do for us and help... you can keep spending the money, I will allow you to enjoy that part!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Gaming Keyboard




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Optional gaming keyboard update
Hi, I've just had a new optional update appear in Windows update that I can't find any information about, it's a keyboard driver from an LXD company, my keyboard is made by Zalman so I thought I just wanted to ask what this update actually does before I install it.
Drivers
Windows 7 64 bit and gaming keyboard
All, I'm looking for a new gaming keyboard, but all I see are issues with windows 7 64bit and gaming keyboards. I currently have a Zboard usb and have recently come across some issues with the keys completely stop working. I can take the key set out and press down the the rubber plunger for...
Gaming
how to fix usb gaming keyboard ghosting problem
Hello. I have a laptop which has these specifications : HP dv6-6c04st i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz 15.6 HD 8GB / 750GB, 2GB VGA -radeon hd 7690m xt, Win7 Home Premium 64Bit + A4tech x7 g800v usb gaming keyboard which has anti-ghosting feature in fact. + razer deathadder v2 gaming mouse + aerocool...
Hardware & Devices
Gaming Keyboard and Mouse Suggestions?
I want to get a new mouse and keyboard for christmas, so right now Im looking at the Logitech G110 Keyboard and Logitech G700 Mouse. I will be primarily playing RTS games eg: HoN, DotA 2, SC2 Right now my reasoning for the G110 is because of the extra USB port. I dont really have a good...
Gaming
Thoughts on my keyboard and mouse?(gaming)
I've got my mind set on buying these parts so you would need a pretty solid argument to get me to change, i would just like to hear what you think about these parts and if theres something genuinely bad about them that might make me want to choose something else. Keyboard: Logitech Gaming...
Hardware & Devices
Show off your gaming keyboard!
Does anyone have this or has seen it? Amazon.com: Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Pro Gaming Keyboard Fan Cooler 64KB On-board Memory 10 Programmable Keys KB-CHP001US: Electronics I want to know how well it lights up all the keys. I have a Saitek which blue LED backlight but its SO DIM! I...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App