Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Define a gaming rig

26 May 2013   #31
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Patrick, personally, I think you started this thread to get accolades for your awsome computer set up. Well just kidding on that. But, I think you are wrong about a water cooled X79 rig with 3 Titans. Your rig will play, with no problem, any game out on the highest settings or any game coming out in the near future. To me, that constitutes a high end gaming rig. I don't believe a water cooled X79 will play any of your games any better than what you have, and you know that. In fact, I dare say a lesser system than what you have could be classified as high end. Personally, I think there are high end gaming rigs and then there are complete overkill rigs built simply for bragging rites. You, sir, are right on the borderline.

In all honestly, I think after a certain point, it becomes what the individual considers a 'good gaming experience'. You need 3 monitors and all the gadgets that go with it for that. You have a rig that will accomplish that. Others don't require all of that to be perfectly happy with their gaming experience. I'm sure, to them they have a high end rig because it suits their purpose. I don't use 3 monitors and am fairly satisfied with my games. Maybe because I've never tried 3 monitors. I do own 3, but have never put them together. Maybe I will some day just to see what they're like. I've seriously considered getting another 670, but with one monitor I can't justify it to myself. But, knowing me, I will do it anyway fairly soon. As far as I'm concerned, you have a very high end gaming rig. I have a mid range rig. But, it serves my purpose, quite well. And, that's my .02 cents.
I have to disagree somewhat.

I don't think Patrick (smarteyeball) is trying to brag. Yes, he has a high end system, yeah some may call it over-kill. But, the last time I checked, in addition to be a help forum, this is also an enthusiast forum where people like Patrick, can show off their high end rigs. And let's not forget that most of us custom build our systems for a reason... to maximize it's performance.

And this is the Gaming forum, where performance is measured. So yeah, people would be very interested in the rig you have. If noting else, they have something to compare.

My two cents.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 May 2013   #32
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Patrick, personally, I think you started this thread to get accolades for your awsome computer set up. Well just kidding on that. But, I think you are wrong about a water cooled X79 rig with 3 Titans. Your rig will play, with no problem, any game out on the highest settings or any game coming out in the near future. To me, that constitutes a high end gaming rig. I don't believe a water cooled X79 will play any of your games any better than what you have, and you know that. In fact, I dare say a lesser system than what you have could be classified as high end. Personally, I think there are high end gaming rigs and then there are complete overkill rigs built simply for bragging rites. You, sir, are right on the borderline.

In all honestly, I think after a certain point, it becomes what the individual considers a 'good gaming experience'. You need 3 monitors and all the gadgets that go with it for that. You have a rig that will accomplish that. Others don't require all of that to be perfectly happy with their gaming experience. I'm sure, to them they have a high end rig because it suits their purpose. I don't use 3 monitors and am fairly satisfied with my games. Maybe because I've never tried 3 monitors. I do own 3, but have never put them together. Maybe I will some day just to see what they're like. I've seriously considered getting another 670, but with one monitor I can't justify it to myself. But, knowing me, I will do it anyway fairly soon. As far as I'm concerned, you have a very high end gaming rig. I have a mid range rig. But, it serves my purpose, quite well. And, that's my .02 cents.
I have to disagree somewhat.

I don't think Patrick (smarteyeball) is trying to brag. Yes, he has a high end system, yeah some may call it over-kill. But, the last time I checked, in addition to be a help forum, this is also an enthusiast forum where people like Patrick, can show off their high end rigs. And let's not forget that most of us custom build our systems for a reason... to maximize it's performance.

And that would be like me going to a car show and exclaiming they're just bragging, my Pinto is all I need. No, the point of a show, or in this case, forum, is the show off what you have.

And this is the Gaming forum, where performance is measured. So yeah, people would be very interested in the rig you have. If noting else, they have something to compare.

My two cents.
Steve was joking about that
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2013   #33
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Sygnus, read the second sentence, it was just a joke. And yes, this is a gaming forum. And if the truth be told, most of us have a rig better than 90% of the rigs out there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 May 2013   #34
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Yeah, I caught the first paragraph that it was a joke. Started to remove that part as I was more or less addressing your second part of your post.

Anyway it's never personal
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2013   #35
kbrady1979

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Sygnus, read the second sentence, it was just a joke. And yes, this is a gaming forum. And if the truth be told, most of us have a rig better than 90% of the rigs out there.
I feel so inadequate with no video card lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2013   #36
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Yeah, I caught the first paragraph that it was a joke. Started to remove that part as I was more or less addressing your second part of your post.

Anyway it's never personal
Sygnus, in that case, I guess I better go ahead and get that second 670.
Just kidding there too, but I may just do it. It's a crime to pay so much for a board made for 3 cards and only have 1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2013   #37
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Yeah, that the bad side of customizing... it's never enough

When I build my new rig I'll have to make sure the orders get here before the wife gets home. What's that saying... an un-happy wife makes for a miserable night
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2013   #38
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Sygnus, read the second sentence, it was just a joke. And yes, this is a gaming forum. And if the truth be told, most of us have a rig better than 90% of the rigs out there.
I feel so inadequate with no video card lol.
You should too! What's a gamer with no video card? Kind of like playing BF3 with no gun.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2013   #39
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Yeah, that the bad side of customizing... it's never enough

When I build my new rig I'll have to make sure the orders get here before the wife gets home. What's that saying... an un-happy wife makes for a miserable night
I'm from down South. We say if Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 May 2013   #40
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kbrady1979 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Sygnus, read the second sentence, it was just a joke. And yes, this is a gaming forum. And if the truth be told, most of us have a rig better than 90% of the rigs out there.
I feel so inadequate with no video card lol.
You should too! What's a gamer with no video card? Kind of like playing BF3 with no gun.
LOL - Good one.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Yeah, that the bad side of customizing... it's never enough

When I build my new rig I'll have to make sure the orders get here before the wife gets home. What's that saying... an un-happy wife makes for a miserable night
I'm from down South. We say if Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy.
I know that one, but when mines upset, no one gets a good night's sleep
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Define a gaming rig




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Very Very weird HDD vibrations in Define R4
Hi so today i finally got my computer built, everything is nice and cool running, its purely awesome right now, its also very quiet. well kinda, the fans are silent, my psu isnt hearable even if i put my ear next to it, i got 2 140MM fractal fans running at 7V (Cant hear them at all) and my cpu...
General Discussion
Define names in workbook scope
Hello guys, I use MS Excel 2010. In this app, I know that using Formulas > Define names > define name it is possible to name a cell (or range). At that dialog box there is a scope rectangle which if I choose the entire sheets scope (workbook) so it's said that this name is valid for the entire...
Microsoft Office
Fractal Design Define R4 Window
Hey all i have the Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Non windowed version was wondering if you can buy the window separately or do i have to re purchase the entire case to get the window Thanks.
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Question about Define r4 case
Hey all i just upgraded my old case from 2005 to a define r4 i am very impressed so far its so much quieter i got a new video card and power supply to really make it quieter also but my main question is do any of you guys have the define r4 and use these Noctua NF-A14 with the included fan...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
how to define permisions for limit user?
Dear Sir, I wan to define permissions for my computer limit user. where that setting for customization/changing??
System Security
Netbook or laptop...how do you define the difference?
Since it is said there's no such thing as a stupid question, here's a question.....where do you draw the line between laptop and netbook? Is it screen size, is it whether or not it has a CD/DVD drive? I had always associated the term with the 10.1" screen portables, until I bought one with a...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:08.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App