Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Define a gaming rig

04 Jun 2013   #71
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amaze904 View Post
@ULfhednar- how many ghz is that 8150 oc at?

Being in the military does give a lot of money and time also (82nd ABN) though I'm not retired, but I still couldn't afford that rig lmao
Sure you can, it just depends on where you want to put your money.

People act like we're some mega millionaires with money to blow. Like any hobby, you spend because you enjoy it.

It's no different than someone who spends money on golfing, stereo gear, car gear, or traveling. It simply comes down to what you want to spend your money on.

And most of us constantly upgrade, meaning we aren't spending all at once, but over long periods of time, which makes it easier to make our purchases.

Bottom line is most of us here aren't rich, we just put our money into the things we love.

And BTW being retired military, I can say that while you won't get rich, you do have a steady income.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jun 2013   #72
amaze904

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Ah I see said the blind man...

Didn't realize that as I just got into this "hobby" only recently because of a first custom build.
The only thing I saw was the $$$ stack up in the total.

But I suppose once the main parts are bought, upgrading isn't all that expensive in the long run.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2013   #73
ULfhednar

Windows 7pro. and Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amaze904 View Post
@ULfhednar- how many ghz is that 8150 oc at?

Being in the military does give a lot of money and time also (82nd ABN) though I'm not retired, but I still couldn't afford that rig lmao
It's running at 3.75Ghz. The 8150 only runs at 3.60Ghz out of the box. BUT!!!

I just picked up a Brand NEW "AMD FX 8350 Black Edition CPU"!
for a sweet deal too! $165 MRSP is $195.

Yes Time and money are abundant. After Ganada, Panama, Korean DMZ, Kuwait, Op. Freedom
The resulting 4 wounds, 1 of which left a little. I've paid for Lot Stock and C-rations!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY - DEATH FROM ABOVE!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jun 2013   #74
amaze904

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

The 8350 is quite nice indeed as that's what's running now- haven't oc it yet though...

What stock lot?
And c-rations? Lol you must have been in for a while lol

I was in Afghanistan, but that's it lol
11B/P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2013   #75
Contrabardus

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ULfhednar View Post
You want High end? check out mine just finished it a week ago. Sick of upgrading hardware every 1-2 yrs.It cost just over 8200 bucks. No upgrading for at least 3 maybe 4 yrs before software catches up. Over board? yes a little, but if you could only experience it WOW!!!
It is a nice rig, almost as nice as mine is. It is nice to have a good buffer for when the next upgrade is needed isn't it?

I do have a couple of screens, but I tend to run stuff in 3D rather than multi monitor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2013   #76
Dude

Windows 10 Pro X64
 
 
Gamers Creed

This is my rig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rig, without me, is useless. Without my rig, I am useless. I must game my rig true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rig and I know that what counts in this game is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rig is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its graphics and its processor. I will keep my rig clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rig and I are the defenders of my stats. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is ours and there is no enemy, but peace!



A twist on the Marine Corps Creed... No disrespect intended
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2013   #77
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I have found that building computers is a lot like building race cars.
Some people got more money than brains and some people got more brains than money.

If you can get these two types together you can win races.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2013   #78
amaze904

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I have found that building computers is a lot like building race cars.
Some people got more money than brains and some people got more brains than money.

If you can get these two types together you can win races.

especially if you pull up to a '04 RX8 w/
Tokico d spec shocks/struts with swift sport mach springs (or are koni's better?)
RB Rev Intake and duct
four point front strut tower brace (rear strut tower brace necessary)
Light weight pulleys
Lightweight flywheel (should I do this first)
Cobb AP with mazdamaniac tune
ECU
GReady Turbo
Purge NOS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2013   #79
amaze904

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

i guess thats the difficulty that's comes with two hobbies >.<
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2013   #80
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dude View Post
This is my rig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rig, without me, is useless. Without my rig, I am useless. I must game my rig true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My rig and I know that what counts in this game is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My rig is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its graphics and its processor. I will keep my rig clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My rig and I are the defenders of my stats. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is ours and there is no enemy, but peace!



A twist on the Marine Corps Creed... No disrespect intended

Yes, Dude. I recognized that right away. After 40+ years, I still remember it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amaze904 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
I have found that building computers is a lot like building race cars.
Some people got more money than brains and some people got more brains than money.

If you can get these two types together you can win races.

especially if you pull up to a '04 RX8 w/
Tokico d spec shocks/struts with swift sport mach springs (or are koni's better?)
RB Rev Intake and duct
four point front strut tower brace (rear strut tower brace necessary)
Light weight pulleys
Lightweight flywheel (should I do this first)
Cobb AP with mazdamaniac tune
ECU
GReady Turbo
Prurge NOS
I guess I better stick to building computers and not cars. I don't unserstand a word you said.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Define a gaming rig




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Very Very weird HDD vibrations in Define R4
Hi so today i finally got my computer built, everything is nice and cool running, its purely awesome right now, its also very quiet. well kinda, the fans are silent, my psu isnt hearable even if i put my ear next to it, i got 2 140MM fractal fans running at 7V (Cant hear them at all) and my cpu...
General Discussion
Define names in workbook scope
Hello guys, I use MS Excel 2010. In this app, I know that using Formulas > Define names > define name it is possible to name a cell (or range). At that dialog box there is a scope rectangle which if I choose the entire sheets scope (workbook) so it's said that this name is valid for the entire...
Microsoft Office
Fractal Design Define R4 Window
Hey all i have the Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Non windowed version was wondering if you can buy the window separately or do i have to re purchase the entire case to get the window Thanks.
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Question about Define r4 case
Hey all i just upgraded my old case from 2005 to a define r4 i am very impressed so far its so much quieter i got a new video card and power supply to really make it quieter also but my main question is do any of you guys have the define r4 and use these Noctua NF-A14 with the included fan...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
how to define permisions for limit user?
Dear Sir, I wan to define permissions for my computer limit user. where that setting for customization/changing??
System Security
Netbook or laptop...how do you define the difference?
Since it is said there's no such thing as a stupid question, here's a question.....where do you draw the line between laptop and netbook? Is it screen size, is it whether or not it has a CD/DVD drive? I had always associated the term with the 10.1" screen portables, until I bought one with a...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:10.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App