Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: is my computer is god enough for the battlefield 3

31 Aug 2013   #11
lazeris205

Windows Ultimate 64bit
 
 

one more question if i buy a new good processor how much fps i get if i run the game in lowelest specs?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Aug 2013   #12
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Honestly your best bet is to look into the APU line

If you don't have lot's of money to throw around you could buy a A10 APU from AMD and combine it with a medium GPU that will get you in the ballpark of high settings

Any modern day processor from the FX /APU /Low end Intel Line will perform almost the same to a point

The Gpu needs to be decent as well
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Sep 2013   #13
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lazeris205 View Post
one more question if i buy a new good processor how much fps i get if i run the game in lowelest specs?
It just does not work that way... everything works in conjunction... Motherboard + CPU + GPU + RAM + PSU.

Your GPU (graphics card) is good for normal video like youtube or flash and I doubt you are able to watch youtube HD videos for that matter. Your CPU (brains) is also ancient and again, a better CPU that works in conjunction with your board might be 200 dollars because they are non existent so, if you happen to find one, whomever has it will want lots of money for it.

How much money do you have saved? or what is your budget... perhaps we can go at this a different way?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Sep 2013   #14
Contrabardus

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Well, let's see. Based on your specs...

You've got DDR3 memory, which isn't the best, but isn't the worst you could have. You do have a single PCIe slot which is pretty much the only thing going for you. Your Mobo supports up to 8GB of 1066 Ram, which isn't very good, but your real problem is your LGA 775 socket for your CPU. It only supports some rather aged dual core processors. That's a huge bottleneck on your Ram and your CPU that you're not going to overcome with just an upgrade. The slots in your Mobo aren't compatible with anything that would be an improvement.

You would need to buy a new Mobo, GPU, CPU, Ram, and you'd likely need to upgrade your cooling, your case, get a new PSU, and put a new HDD in as well. I can't imagine you've got enough memory on something that old. You might be able to reuse your disk drive, but you might even need to replace that depending on whether the connectors it uses are compatible with newer hardware.

Your hardware is too old to upgrade into something that will run modern games like BF3. You need an entirely new PC, there's no other way around it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2013   #15
MrNeeds

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
Well, let's see. Based on your specs...

You've got DDR3 memory, which isn't the best, but isn't the worst you could have. You do have a single PCIe slot which is pretty much the only thing going for you. Your Mobo supports up to 8GB of 1066 Ram, which isn't very good, but your real problem is your LGA 775 socket for your CPU. It only supports some rather aged dual core processors. That's a huge bottleneck on your Ram and your CPU that you're not going to overcome with just an upgrade. The slots in your Mobo aren't compatible with anything that would be an improvement.

You would need to buy a new Mobo, GPU, CPU, Ram, and you'd likely need to upgrade your cooling, your case, get a new PSU, and put a new HDD in as well. I can't imagine you've got enough memory on something that old. You might be able to reuse your disk drive, but you might even need to replace that depending on whether the connectors it uses are compatible with newer hardware.

Your hardware is too old to upgrade into something that will run modern games like BF3. You need an entirely new PC, there's no other way around it.

that's a little hard, i use most of the equipment the op uses and i can play BF3 at 50fps on high settings, i have a quad core q6600 and 4GB DDR2 ram, it's not all bad, however, i do think that an upgrade of the motherboard and CPU is needed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #16
lazeris205

Windows Ultimate 64bit
 
 

okay so much of all posters saying me to buy a new computer or just change gpu cpu and all other which is cost like a new pc but i want just little of the bf3 to play on low specs if i buy a new brand cpu and more ram does the game work good on low specs at least? but buying an new pc it cost me a big amount of money which i dont have. If i buy an more ram and new cpu does my computer can run bad company 2 at least?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #17
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lazeris205 View Post
okay so much of all posters saying me to buy a new computer or just change gpu cpu and all other which is cost like a new pc but i want just little of the bf3 to play on low specs if i buy a new brand cpu and more ram does the game work good on low specs at least? but buying an new pc it cost me a big amount of money which i dont have. If i buy an more ram and new cpu does my computer can run bad company 2 at least?

What you should do is look for a budget Gaming line like I said AMD a APU A10 and a medium graphics card will get you where you need to go

That should cost less then buying a new PC from the store FM2 MB APU A10 -AND a medium GPU should cost you about 400 to 500 atleast given you might need a new PSU for the GPU
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Sep 2013   #18
Contrabardus

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Basically, yes. You're not going to run BF3 on what you have no matter what. You'll have to pretty much replace everything inside or buy a new computer.

Yes, you can barely run BF:BC 2 on low settings. You'll be above minimum requirements, but still below the recommended hardware specs. So, you'll likely get a decent framerate with every graphics setting turned down to the minimum. Probably somewhere between 20-30 fps on your hardware. It will probably lag a little during particularly busy segments of gameplay as well, but shouldn't be too bad and will run well enough to be playable.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is borderline for your PC. You barely meet the specs to run it at a decent framerate at low settings. Anything newer won't run well, but you should be able to run Orange Box, Doom 3 BFG, Painkiller Black Edition, Killing Floor, and Bioshock [the original, not Infinite].

If you're looking for decent shooters any one of those games should keep you happy for a bit and they will all run on your hardware. Not at maximum settings mind you, but mid to low settings at a good framerate [30+fps].

I'm also gonna have to contradict Solarstarshines about the APU. An APU is a combination CPU/GPU in a single unit. APUs aren't good for gaming at all. They suck and you should never get one if you've got another option. APUs are less powerful than the individual GPU and CPU they're composed of because the two components share resources that they would not as separate parts. An APU is about the worst possible GPU/CPU to have for a computer that is meant for gaming. I don't recommend getting a PC or laptop that is intended for gaming with an APU. They're decent for casual use such as watching web videos and browsing the internet, but are underpowered and prone to overheating when used for gaming.

Spending the same money you would on an APU to get a separate GPU and CPU is a much better option for a computer intended to play games. As a general rule, gamers should avoid APUs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 is my computer is god enough for the battlefield 3




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Problem Playing Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142
Ok I just got a computer with Windows 7 on it, it's a Dell Gaming laptop and everything works fine on I except one thing, when I play Battlefield 2, or Battlefield 2142 in single player, It will sometimes lag, it's really bad on battlefield 2142 and I have graphics on low settings, I moded them...
Gaming
BSOD playing battlefield 3/battlefield 4 beta
I've made threads asking for help in the past and went back over them before posting here, but I'm kind of stuck again. I ran furmark without my gpu overheating/crashing, and I ran prime95 again without overheating/crashing. I haven't done any overclocking, and I ran 9 passes of memtest...
BSOD Help and Support
Computer randomly crashes while playing (Battlefield 3, CS:GO, others)
My desktop keeps restarting for no apparent reason. It's a gaming desktop--well, as close to one as I've had these last two years, because much of it is sort of old but still runs smoothly enough--and I recently reinstalled Windows 7 to see if that solved the issue, but it didn't. I'll be playing a...
General Discussion
Battlefield 3
Can someone tell me how to start Battlefield 3 ? Whenever I click on it`s icon it just takes me to a webpage. If I click on Launch Campaign from the webpage, it does nothing.
Gaming
Battlefield 3 on my rig?
How well will my rig work with higher settings? Hope my computer specs are saved, on my iPhone at the moment. Just wondering before I purchase? Also, how well with my Internet for online play? -2mb/s down -0.6mb/s up -local ping at 77ms and California at 170ms... I live in Alaska. Internet is...
Gaming
Battlefield 2
Hello, I'm new here, but i hope you can help me. When I play BF2 (online), my pc suddenly halts or my monitor turns off. Not always, but usually. What is this? Greet.:) ps( nVidia GeForce gtx 295)
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:21.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App