Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Batman Arkham Origins


25 Oct 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 
Batman Arkham Origins

Anyone getting this? Thinking about it myself.

Too bad it isn't going to come out on XBox One/PS4, was going to get it for XB1.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Oct 2013   #2

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Anyone getting this? Thinking about it myself.

Too bad it isn't going to come out on XBox One/PS4, was going to get it for XB1.
Why? It will look better on PC and you can just use an Xbox 360 controller to play it.

I've got Arkham City and Arkham Asylum on PC and play them both that way. They look better, have a better framerate, and the physics effects can't be matched by any console.

You've obviously got the hardware to handle it given your system specs, what would you want a sub-par version on a console for?

I could get that for a multiplayer game if you have a bunch of friends who like to play something online with consoles, but with something like Batman AO there's no good reason to get an inferior console edition when you've already got the hardware to run it on PC better than either of the as yet unreleased consoles will.

Why settle for the lesser version? There's no reason to want to play it on the Xbox 1 or PS4, much less the 360 or PS3, when you've already got an option that will probably cost less money and will almost certainly look and play better too.

I'm definitely going to play it, but I honestly wouldn't touch the console editions even if there was a next gen console version of the game. There just isn't a good reason to get it that way since I've already got better hardware to run it on and it will likely be a superior version with more graphics options and better physics just like the last two games.

It's a different publisher, but they're using an upgraded version of the same engine, so there's no good reason to think that it won't have the same advantages over the console editions that the other two Batman games did.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #3

W7 Pro x64 SP1 / W8.1 Pro x64
 
 

I've got it on pre order, it was a must for me being a Batman fanatic. Loved the first two which I completed on XBox so I'm looking forward to playing this one on PC. I have bought the first two for PC since buying a gaming rig but haven't revisited them yet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Oct 2013   #4

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

I just ordered the game today for PC. (this is my personal opinion) Games are best played on PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #5

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Anyone getting this? Thinking about it myself.

Too bad it isn't going to come out on XBox One/PS4, was going to get it for XB1.
Why? It will look better on PC and you can just use an Xbox 360 controller to play it.


You've obviously got the hardware to handle it given your system specs, what would you want a sub-par version on a console for?
I believe that wasn't the original question. The 360 wasn't mentioned.

And sometimes the hassle free "plug n play" away from the PC is preferable. Plus not everyone has their PC connected to the TV.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
I have bought the first two for PC since buying a gaming rig but haven't revisited them yet.
It's worth at least firing them up just to check out the Physx effects. The two Batman games are some of the better show cases for PhysX. Not a game changer, but it does add to the overall artistic look.


If origins is anything like the quality of the first two, it's going to be a definite must play title.

I'm definitely going to grab it.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by archer View Post
I just ordered the game today for PC. (this is my personal opinion) Games are best played on PC.
Personally I prefer PC too, but consoles definitely have their advantages.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #6

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

I`m downloading mine right now, a voucher came with my 760. Hope it doesn`t suck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

^ likewise. huge file though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #8

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Done downloading.......... And here we Go !!!!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Anyone getting this? Thinking about it myself.

Too bad it isn't going to come out on XBox One/PS4, was going to get it for XB1.
Why? It will look better on PC and you can just use an Xbox 360 controller to play it.

I've got Arkham City and Arkham Asylum on PC and play them both that way. They look better, have a better framerate, and the physics effects can't be matched by any console.

You've obviously got the hardware to handle it given your system specs, what would you want a sub-par version on a console for?

I could get that for a multiplayer game if you have a bunch of friends who like to play something online with consoles, but with something like Batman AO there's no good reason to get an inferior console edition when you've already got the hardware to run it on PC better than either of the as yet unreleased consoles will.

Why settle for the lesser version? There's no reason to want to play it on the Xbox 1 or PS4, much less the 360 or PS3, when you've already got an option that will probably cost less money and will almost certainly look and play better too.

I'm definitely going to play it, but I honestly wouldn't touch the console editions even if there was a next gen console version of the game. There just isn't a good reason to get it that way since I've already got better hardware to run it on and it will likely be a superior version with more graphics options and better physics just like the last two games.

It's a different publisher, but they're using an upgraded version of the same engine, so there's no good reason to think that it won't have the same advantages over the console editions that the other two Batman games did.

I get your point, but it wasn't My point.

Naturally if I get it, it will be the PC version as it's not coming out for that console. I'm quite aware of the advantages of playing on PC vs. console. I have Arkham City and many others on my PC.

As I am getting the XB1 regardless, I am going to use it and will have games to play on it. I plan on getting and playing Destiny, Titanfall and other titles. I am also getting the XB1 for the overall different "Entertainment" uses of it.

And like Smarteyeball mentioned, sometimes you just want to sit there and play on the simplicity of the console. Doesn't much matter to me if I played it on a "sub-par" XB1. I'm not going to faint because of the differences.

Was just disappointed the choice is not even there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Oct 2013   #10

W7 Pro x64 SP1 / W8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Mine hasn't turned up through the post yet.

Knew I shouldn't have pre ordered a hard copy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Batman Arkham Origins




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Batman Arkham Origins
Thread Forum
Solved BSOD during BF3, Batman Arkham Asylum, etc. BSOD Help and Support
batman arkham not installing error Gaming
Hey.Batman: Arkham Asylum won't run on my Windows 7 OS. Gaming
Batman Arkham Asylum Gaming
Batman Arkham Asylum demo Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33