Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Battlefield 4 lag on 64bit but no lag on 32bit help me guys

10 Nov 2013   #1

windows 7 64bit gaming EDITION
 
 
Battlefield 4 lag on 64bit but no lag on 32bit help me guys

here my specs

G.card:Msi gtx 660 2gb

proc: Intel g630 2.7ghz

mobo: P8b75-mlx

RAM 8gb ddr3
i have 2 boot

1.window 7 ultimate 32bit in ultra setting i gets 60fps in 32bit bcdedit /set increaseuserva 3070

2.window 7 ultimate 64bit in ultra setting i gets 30fps in 64bit no set bcdedit yettt

whyyyyy


or do you have solution plsssss help me

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Nov 2013   #2

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

What browser are you using? Battlefield 3 and 4 are optimized for 32 bit browsers. BF 3 won't even run on a 64 bit browser, I'm not sure about BF 4 as I've not bothered with even trying to run it on a 64 bit browser. As far as I know, neither game supports 64 bit browsers at all.

If you're using a 64 bit browser, switch to a 32 bit browser. If you're using IE to run the game, switch to Firefox or Chrome. EA suggests not using IE to run the game, but Chrome and Firefox are both recommended. If you're using IE 11 then you're definitely going to have problems as the game is not supported for that browser. They don't say it does not work, but it's not officially supported either, and EA recommends against using IE 9 or 10 to run the game as well. Both are 'supported' but according to EA the game will run on IE 9 or 10, but may experience 'issues'.

Though, why bother troubleshooting this? Even if you're running it on a 32 bit browser and getting different framerates with the two different OS, why does it matter? You've obviously got it running well with the 32 bit OS. It's using the same hardware if it's just a second boot drive so there's no real performance advantage to running it on a 64 bit OS, especially since it's optimized for 32 bit. I'm a little confused about why this is an issue. Just run it with your 32 bit OS. If it's running at 60fps on Ultra settings there's no room for improvement anyway. That's as good as it's going to run regardless.

If there is a difference in framerates between the two OS and it's running on the same browser either way, then the issue is probably that the game was optimized for 32 bit systems just like BF 3. There really isn't anything you can do about it if that is the case.

I get 60fps on Windows 7 64 bit using Firefox, but I'm also using AMD cards, which the game is also optimized for, and I've got a multi-gpu Xfire setup. My setup is kind of overkill even for BF 4.

Seriously though, just run it on the 32 bit drive. It's not going to get any better than Ultra at 60fps no matter what anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2013   #3

windows 7 64bit gaming EDITION
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
What browser are you using? Battlefield 3 and 4 are optimized for 32 bit browsers. BF 3 won't even run on a 64 bit browser, I'm not sure about BF 4 as I've not bothered with even trying to run it on a 64 bit browser. As far as I know, neither game supports 64 bit browsers at all.

If you're using a 64 bit browser, switch to a 32 bit browser. If you're using IE to run the game, switch to Firefox or Chrome. EA suggests not using IE to run the game, but Chrome and Firefox are both recommended. If you're using IE 11 then you're definitely going to have problems as the game is not supported for that browser. They don't say it does not work, but it's not officially supported either, and EA recommends against using IE 9 or 10 to run the game as well. Both are 'supported' but according to EA the game will run on IE 9 or 10, but may experience 'issues'.

Though, why bother troubleshooting this? Even if you're running it on a 32 bit browser and getting different framerates with the two different OS, why does it matter? You've obviously got it running well with the 32 bit OS. It's using the same hardware if it's just a second boot drive so there's no real performance advantage to running it on a 64 bit OS, especially since it's optimized for 32 bit. I'm a little confused about why this is an issue. Just run it with your 32 bit OS. If it's running at 69fps on Ultra settings there's no room for improvement anyway. That's as good as it's going to run regardless.

If there is a difference in framerates between the two OS and it's running on the same browser either way, then the issue is probably that the game was optimized for 32 bit systems just like BF 3. There really isn't anything you can do about it if that is the case.

I get 60fps on Windows 7 64 bit using Firefox, but I'm also using AMD cards, which the game is also optimized for, and I've got a multi-gpu Xfire setup. My setup is kind of overkill even for BF 4.

Seriously though, just run it on the 32 bit drive. It's not going to get any better than Ultra at 60fps no matter what anyway.
yes i know i should run on 32bit but if you know any solution about 64bit btw thank you reply


and just use 64 bit to play CALL OF DUTY GHOST because THAT games run on 64 BIT only
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Nov 2013   #4

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

I am guessing you have enough RAM to play it on 64 bit as well, sorry, you didn't mentioned how much ram you had.

Also, have you tried playing the game in compatibility mode while on 64 bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2013   #5

windows 7 64bit gaming EDITION
 
 

oh forget about that

my ram is

8gb drr3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2013   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Sorry if im incorrect in thinking this, But BF4 recommended ram is 8gb, running in 32bit mode will only be able to use a maximum of 4gb, the recommend gfx is a gtx 660 if im correct in thinking, the recommended settings are usually medium-high so how can you be getting 60fps on ultra?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devlin1888 View Post
Sorry if im incorrect in thinking this, But BF4 recommended ram is 8gb, running in 32bit mode will only be able to use a maximum of 4gb, the recommend gfx is a gtx 660 if im correct in thinking, the recommended settings are usually medium-high so how can you be getting 60fps on ultra?
You can play at Ultra settings on a 32 bit system with only 4 GB of Ram if your hardware is good enough. 64 bit systems can access more Ram for games, but they also use more to run. There isn't actually a 4 GB difference because the OS is using more Ram than a 32 bit OS would.

Battlefield 4's recommended specs are:

A quad core CPU at 3 ghz. EA recommends an i5 or i7.
4GB of memory, 8 if you have a 64 bit OS.
DX11 GPU. Battlefield is optimized for AMD so a Radeon 7000 series or better. Nvidia needs to be a 600 series card.
Windows 7 64 bit OS is recommended, but you still need to run it in a 32 bit browser for some reason. Probably because it's basically just a slightly tweaked version of the BF 3 Frostbite engine.
30 GB of HDD space.

Those are the recommended specs, and he easily meets or surpasses them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Yeah i know he easily meets them, but im just curious as to how you can get 60fps on ultra and a gtx 660?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2013   #9

windows 7 64bit gaming EDITION
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devlin1888 View Post
Yeah i know he easily meets them, but im just curious as to how you can get 60fps on ultra and a gtx 660?

yeah i got 60fps on 32bit


if gameplay Rain or start shooter will be drop fps like max fps 60 average 55fps then minimum 45fps but i never go down such 30fps





but i off MOTION BLUR AMOUNT to ZERO 0





but when 64bit very lag max fps just 35 fps and low fps 20 fps
i don't know why



but that not such problem when to play battlefield 4 i go to 32bit
and play Call Of duty Ghost on 64 bit

thank you all for reply
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Battlefield 4 lag on 64bit but no lag on 32bit help me guys





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Battlefield 4 lag on 64bit but no lag on 32bit help me guys
Thread Forum
Solved random BSOD clean win7 64bit install, need your help guys BSOD Help and Support
cd key 32bit or 64bit General Discussion
32bit & 64bit OS Help Installation & Setup
Need 32bit but have 64bit. General Discussion
W7 64bit:Ok to install 32bit programs outside the 32bit programfolder? Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33