Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: No video when playing GTA-San Andreas

25 Nov 2013   #1

windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
No video when playing GTA-San Andreas

When I open GTA-SA the screen goes black and the audio plays normally. I have attempted to go into the compatibility mode with xp-sp2 and sp3 but it would not even startup when I did. I am unsure of the direct problem and any help would be grateful.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Nov 2013   #2

Windows 7 ultimate x64
 
 

Hi ezeglace, Welcome to Seven Forums.

First and most important question, is the copy of game legit or cracked?

If it is legit, try to run as an admin. Try to run in Windows XP Mode. Follow the tutorial.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Nov 2013   #3

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

That has more to do with corrupt or old drivers than anything else I think. Also, perhaps that HD Family onboard card is not up to snuff to play that game? I take games did not come up in your decision of building that rig? otherwise, why would you go with an i7 and not include a dedicated graphic card? Not pissing on your cheerios, just wondering is all.

At any rate, try installing newer drivers and see what happens
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Nov 2013   #4

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Put it in XP compatibility mode and make sure you're running as administrator.

Delete the.set file from your Documents/San Andreas User Files Folder.

Go to the start menu, in the search bar type "advanced system settings" and select it.

Go to the "Data Execution Prevention" tab and then select "Add". Select browse and find your GTA-sa.exe and select it. Once you do, close everything and restart. Then try running the game again.

Another possibility is that the game is trying to run in a resolution not supported by your monitor. The delete .set file fix is related to that as it's your settings file. Unfortunately, there's no way to adjust resolution outside of the in game menu and the game won't run in windowed mode either.

If none of that works I suggest getting some image files for the GTA menus and trying to do it by ear. There is an audio cue for every action in the menu and that will help. The mouse doesn't work in the menus and you need to use the arrow keys and enter key to select and open/activate options. Be aware, there are only a few resolutions available. SA is kind of old and there is no 1080 option. The highest native resolution is 1280 x768.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2013   #5

windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by archer View Post
Hi ezeglace, Welcome to Seven Forums.

First and most important question, is the copy of game legit or cracked?

If it is legit, try to run as an admin. Try to run in Windows XP Mode. Follow the tutorial.
It is legit, i bought it from steam.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
That has more to do with corrupt or old drivers than anything else I think. Also, perhaps that HD Family onboard card is not up to snuff to play that game? I take games did not come up in your decision of building that rig? otherwise, why would you go with an i7 and not include a dedicated graphic card? Not pissing on your cheerios, just wondering is all.

At any rate, try installing newer drivers and see what happens
This is a gaming rig I just ran out of money before i was able to buy a proper gpu. And it plays all new games just fine on normal settings at 1080

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
Put it in XP compatibility mode and make sure you're running as administrator.

Delete the.set file from your Documents/San Andreas User Files Folder.

Go to the start menu, in the search bar type "advanced system settings" and select it.

Go to the "Data Execution Prevention" tab and then select "Add". Select browse and find your GTA-sa.exe and select it. Once you do, close everything and restart. Then try running the game again.

Another possibility is that the game is trying to run in a resolution not supported by your monitor. The delete .set file fix is related to that as it's your settings file. Unfortunately, there's no way to adjust resolution outside of the in game menu and the game won't run in windowed mode either.

If none of that works I suggest getting some image files for the GTA menus and trying to do it by ear. There is an audio cue for every action in the menu and that will help. The mouse doesn't work in the menus and you need to use the arrow keys and enter key to select and open/activate options. Be aware, there are only a few resolutions available. SA is kind of old and there is no 1080 option. The highest native resolution is 1280 x768.
Thank you for this. apparently it is only the opening screen that does not show up. but once i get to the menu everything is fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2013   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Try going to My Documents>GTA San Andreas> then find gtasa.set then delete it then start the game (The function of gtasa.set is to save the settings applied by the user).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 No video when playing GTA-San Andreas




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33