Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: please help xbox 360 slim

20 Dec 2013   #1

WINDOWS 7 64BIT HOME PREMIUM
 
 
please help xbox 360 slim

hello windows world i know i am in the wrong place to ask this well as i have met so many good friends on here that are soooooo helpful and you guys are great .can you help me here im a bit of a stick. i got a xbox 360 slim when i turn it on it goes to a green light for a few seconds then red.no picture nothing on the screen.no flashing green lights .there is no hdd in the slot to create the hdd not in all the way problem.the dvd slot is coming out and working as normal but red light there.its about just over 3 years old do you think this is a fault Microsoft will fix for free as these new xbox 360 slim are not supposed to have this problem.the power cable is %100 because its got the orange light then goes to green when xbox is in but when the light on xbox turns red the charger pulg is green also.so im guessing power pack is good.do you know what the problem could be and how much will cost to fix this

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Dec 2013   #2

Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2009joseph View Post
hello windows world i know i am in the wrong place to ask this well as i have met so many good friends on here that are soooooo helpful and you guys are great .can you help me here im a bit of a stick. i got a xbox 360 slim when i turn it on it goes to a green light for a few seconds then red.no picture nothing on the screen.no flashing green lights .there is no hdd in the slot to create the hdd not in all the way problem.the dvd slot is coming out and working as normal but red light there.its about just over 3 years old do you think this is a fault Microsoft will fix for free as these new xbox 360 slim are not supposed to have this problem.the power cable is %100 because its got the orange light then goes to green when xbox is in but when the light on xbox turns red the charger pulg is green also.so im guessing power pack is good.do you know what the problem could be and how much will cost to fix this
I am much more a computer expert than a technical electronic expert; But!; this unfortunately does sound like it could possibly the dreaded "red ring of death". Either that or its most likely a internal hardware glitch of some sort. As for how much; that I honestly could not tell ya; but you should be able to find something on it by doing what else but a google search of course.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Dec 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Unplug all cables, give them a clean, put them back, if it doesnt work then its more than likely broken.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Dec 2013   #4

WINDOWS 7 64BIT HOME PREMIUM
 
 

Thanks aye x boxes are shite think it's a problem if fixed it will break shortly again after
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

I could confirm for you if you tell me the model of your xbox,and how many red lights do you see?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #6

WINDOWS 7 64BIT HOME PREMIUM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shinigami8671 View Post
I could confirm for you if you tell me the model of your xbox,and how many red lights do you see?
o class buddy ita a XBOX 360 S CONSOLE MODEL 1439
ok well all it dose when i plug it in the box switches on with one solid green light in the middle then goes to red and stayes there its a touch pad one in saying that there is no button for the eject cd it works great in and out no problem but never the less dont switch off the red light i rang x box they told me this
==========================================================================
(message i sent them)
hello i got a xbox 360 slim when i turn it on it goes to a green light for a few seconds then red.no picture nothing on the screen.no flashing green lights .there is no hdd in the slot to create the hdd not in all the way problem.the dvd slot is coming out and working as normal but red light there.its about just over 3 years old these new xbox 360 slim are not supposed to have this problem.the power cable is %100 because its got the orange light then goes to green when xbox is in but when the light on xbox turns red the charger pulg is green so all is good with that.so im guessing power pack is good.do you know what the problem could be
===============================================================================
(they sent me back)
That would be 64 plus tax (submitted online) or 76 plus tax (submitted over the phone)
But you don't have to worry, once we receive the console for repair, we will be making sure that this would be fix.
I can also provide you with a reference number with regards to the steps that we did earlier.
We will make sure that this will be sorted out for you since you are our valuable customer.
Still there Joseph?
Since I haven't heard from you for a couple of minutes Joseph,
I am going to end our chat session here. I really appreciate your time.
Please also take note of this service request number, 1227962186.
It is where my notes are saved and attached to.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us here anytime.
We will be more than happy to help you.
Enjoy the rest of your day and take care always! Thank you for contacting Xbox Chat Support!

Once you send your console for repair, you will get a month free Gold subscription plus additional 30 days warranty for the console.

Once you send your console for repair Joseph, you will get email notification on how you will send your console.
And once your console is repaired and it seems that you are not satisfied with the service you received,
you may contact us and we can create a case for a compensation issue.
Rest assured that our service is 100% guaranteed Joseph. We can definitely resolved whatever issues your console has.
You can also take advantage our Extended warranty Joseph. And regarding extended warranty, you may contact our phone support on the details. Her's our phone support number: 0800 587 1102.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 2009joseph View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shinigami8671 View Post
I could confirm for you if you tell me the model of your xbox,and how many red lights do you see?
o class buddy ita a XBOX 360 S CONSOLE MODEL 1439
ok well all it dose when i plug it in the box switches on with one solid green light in the middle then goes to red and stayes there its a touch pad one in saying that there is no button for the eject cd it works great in and out no problem but never the less dont switch off the red light i rang x box they told me this
==========================================================================
(message i sent them)
hello i got a xbox 360 slim when i turn it on it goes to a green light for a few seconds then red.no picture nothing on the screen.no flashing green lights .there is no hdd in the slot to create the hdd not in all the way problem.the dvd slot is coming out and working as normal but red light there.its about just over 3 years old these new xbox 360 slim are not supposed to have this problem.the power cable is %100 because its got the orange light then goes to green when xbox is in but when the light on xbox turns red the charger pulg is green so all is good with that.so im guessing power pack is good.do you know what the problem could be
===============================================================================
(they sent me back)
That would be 64 plus tax (submitted online) or 76 plus tax (submitted over the phone)
But you don't have to worry, once we receive the console for repair, we will be making sure that this would be fix.
I can also provide you with a reference number with regards to the steps that we did earlier.
We will make sure that this will be sorted out for you since you are our valuable customer.
Still there Joseph?
Since I haven't heard from you for a couple of minutes Joseph,
I am going to end our chat session here. I really appreciate your time.
Please also take note of this service request number, 1227962186.
It is where my notes are saved and attached to.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us here anytime.
We will be more than happy to help you.
Enjoy the rest of your day and take care always! Thank you for contacting Xbox Chat Support!

Once you send your console for repair, you will get a month free Gold subscription plus additional 30 days warranty for the console.

Once you send your console for repair Joseph, you will get email notification on how you will send your console.
And once your console is repaired and it seems that you are not satisfied with the service you received,
you may contact us and we can create a case for a compensation issue.
Rest assured that our service is 100% guaranteed Joseph. We can definitely resolved whatever issues your console has.
You can also take advantage our Extended warranty Joseph. And regarding extended warranty, you may contact our phone support on the details. Her's our phone support number: 0800 587 1102.
well....the guy knows how to take a hint at least lol.
And did something happen to the xbox at all? Like it fell or anything of the sort,software related even? Over the years,i have owned and thoroughly used every xbox 360 model to-date and never had a single issue so this is really strange. Mostly there are pre-cursors to these problems,like the console stops reading discs or gives certain errors etc.
Nothing of the sort happened?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

xbox 360's are the most unreliable consoles ive ever came across, since release between me and the brother we have had 8 xbox's between us ( 6 being his), RLOD is a very common thing. So not really "strange" at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #9

WINDOWS 7 64BIT HOME PREMIUM
 
 

Thanks guys for the help.Aye its cat allright.do you guys know what
Problem I have and how I go about fixing the XBox please
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
 
 

Well my first thoughts are, the red rings occur when the cpu is no longer fully lodged within the thermal paste, to repair it, you must buy new thermal paste, search on youtube there are plenty of tuts
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 please help xbox 360 slim





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: please help xbox 360 slim
Thread Forum
Trouble connecting windows 7 , windows media center to xbox slim Media Center
Microsoft Xbox 360 Slim Review Gaming
Xbox 360 Slim. Chillout Room
How do I slim down Windows 7? Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33