Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

11 May 2014   #21
smarteyeball

 
 

oh look - it's another COD game.

Tbh, I don't give a flap what it looks like, when/where it's set blah blah.

All I care about is that is it actually different in the gameplay department for single player? If not - don't care.

COD: Non-Linear - "Real Trajectory" would make me interested.

COD: Same-shit - "Same Gameplay" does not.







Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post

All in all, as stated before, I am looking forward to any Shooter Game that comes up because there is a lack of them as of late, regardless of how good or bad of a port it is... more so for the Campaign Gamer like me.
Daniel, even when me and old mate whatshisname helped you put together your QX9650 rig over at Vistaforums all those years ago - you were unsatisfied with FPS games then.

In all these subsequent years, I don't think I've ever heard you say you've enjoyed a FPS single player campaign. Even if you can map a mouse button to move forward.

This latest COD aint going to be anything new either bro.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 May 2014   #22
badger906

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, & Mac OS X 10.9.2
 
 

I still love the original call of duty game. it was the game that at the age of 15 made me want to seriously get into gaming pcs. shame it all had to go modern and loose the epic tank battles!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 May 2014   #23
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post

All in all, as stated before, I am looking forward to any Shooter Game that comes up because there is a lack of them as of late, regardless of how good or bad of a port it is... more so for the Campaign Gamer like me.
Daniel, even when me and old mate whatshisname helped you put together your QX9650 rig over at Vistaforums all those years ago - you were unsatisfied with FPS games then.

In all these subsequent years, I don't think I've ever heard you say you've enjoyed a FPS single player campaign. Even if you can map a mouse button to move forward.

This latest COD aint going to be anything new either bro.
And you are right, as we get old we get more picky I guess and we want things as good as they used to be, or how we thought were good. If I am completely honest, while they have not been to my complete liking (way to easy and/or run and gun galore) I have enjoyed them and played them a lot of times... more so because I have come to the conclusion that there is not going to be a tactical shooter anymore

I just wish that, even if they are run and gun, they would make a little effort on the different levels instead of just making the levels with more enemy ai and the god shield so they die harder but you die quicker... I have noticed that at times I am behind cover (a huge rock or wall) and if I don't move quick enough bullets miraculously find me and I die nonetheless

That or my so called teammates are in front of me and the enemy ai does not die even when one of my teammates just unloaded a full clip onto them and I end up dead by that same enemy ai .

All that pisses me off but again, I have become accustomed to it and it no longer bothers me... much
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 May 2014   #24
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Thank God it's not getting made by Infinity Ward!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2014   #25
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Thank God it's not getting made by Infinity Ward!
Hmmm... and I like how IW made them!

Any particular reason why not? not that I care but seeing as there is nothing to talk about... why not, right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2014   #26
Gator

Dual Boot: Windows 8.1 & Server 2012r2 VMs: Kali Linux, Backbox, Matriux, Windows 8.1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Thank God it's not getting made by Infinity Ward!
Hmmm... and I like how IW made them!

Any particular reason why not? not that I care but seeing as there is nothing to talk about... why not, right?
One man army + newb tube + danger close + nuke = FU IW.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 May 2014   #27
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Well... aren't they all?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2014   #28
Gornot

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
I get them confused because I literally pay zero attention to trailers or news unless is posted here and some people call them CoD?? whereas others call them MW?? so that always confuses me.

To be honest, I started playing MoH before I got CoD (WW2 scenes) but I was already tired of that era and the weaponry so when we got the first MW it was a breath of fresh air... and I was in love with the ergonomics of the weapons, and the run and gun was just part of it because it was expected coming from both MoH and CoD past games.

MoH MW (not Black Ops, Gawd, how terribly bad those games were IMHO) was not as good as CoD MW and not because of the storyline but because of the ergos of the weapons, there was something about it that did not let me enjoy it as much as the MWs from CoD.

Now, what particular mission are you referring to? both storylines left a bad taste in my mouth, more so because of that theme where good guys don't die and I guess I got to involve with the character

All in all, as stated before, I am looking forward to any Shooter Game that comes up because there is a lack of them as of late, regardless of how good or bad of a port it is... more so for the Campaign Gamer like me.
That Bosnian mission was in Warfighter... Didn't even get past the cinematic, I was already pissed off.
MOH was generally always more crude in gameplay from COD but the characters (like in Pacific Assault) is what made the game more interesting for me, I felt as if I was actually there. Oh, and the soundtracks kicked ass!

I still don't get how COD titles are confusing, unless you never actually played through them. It goes: COD 1, 2, 3, 4 (which is also the first MW) and after that they dropped the numbering and went forward with World at War, MW2, Black Ops, MW3, BO2, Ghosts. At least those are all the major ones (excluding expansions, handheld titles etc.)

Oh, also:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
Well... aren't they all?
*PING*PING*PING*PING*PING*

BINGO
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2014   #29
Gator

Dual Boot: Windows 8.1 & Server 2012r2 VMs: Kali Linux, Backbox, Matriux, Windows 8.1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gornot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
I get them confused because I literally pay zero attention to trailers or news unless is posted here and some people call them CoD?? whereas others call them MW?? so that always confuses me.

To be honest, I started playing MoH before I got CoD (WW2 scenes) but I was already tired of that era and the weaponry so when we got the first MW it was a breath of fresh air... and I was in love with the ergonomics of the weapons, and the run and gun was just part of it because it was expected coming from both MoH and CoD past games.

MoH MW (not Black Ops, Gawd, how terribly bad those games were IMHO) was not as good as CoD MW and not because of the storyline but because of the ergos of the weapons, there was something about it that did not let me enjoy it as much as the MWs from CoD.

Now, what particular mission are you referring to? both storylines left a bad taste in my mouth, more so because of that theme where good guys don't die and I guess I got to involve with the character

All in all, as stated before, I am looking forward to any Shooter Game that comes up because there is a lack of them as of late, regardless of how good or bad of a port it is... more so for the Campaign Gamer like me.
That Bosnian mission was in Warfighter... Didn't even get past the cinematic, I was already pissed off.
MOH was generally always more crude in gameplay from COD but the characters (like in Pacific Assault) is what made the game more interesting for me, I felt as if I was actually there. Oh, and the soundtracks kicked ass!

I still don't get how COD titles are confusing, unless you never actually played through them. It goes: COD 1, 2, 3, 4 (which is also the first MW) and after that they dropped the numbering and went forward with World at War, MW2, Black Ops, MW3, BO2, Ghosts. At least those are all the major ones (excluding expansions, handheld titles etc.)

Oh, also:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
Well... aren't they all?
*PING*PING*PING*PING*PING*

BINGO
Cod 4 oh how I miss the...

To me COD 4 is one of the Top 5 games in history. If you go by what technology was available to them and not simply looking at the bells and whistles of this generations games, 007 Golden Eye is #1 and a revolutionary game that changed gaming forever. Miss them both.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 May 2014   #30
3Colors

64-bit Windows 7 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gator View Post
To me COD 4 is one of the Top 5 games in history. If you go by what technology was available to them and not simply looking at the bells and whistles of this generations games, 007 Golden Eye is #1 and a revolutionary game that changed gaming forever. Miss them both.


COD 4 = It will forever the best in multiplayer.

007 Golden Eye = If we are talking about the N64 version... wow... is one of those few games, in my opinion, you'll have fun 100%. It would be great to have a N64
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Call of Duty Advanced Warfare




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Friend getting BSOD while playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
I'm posting on behalf of my friend, his PC is rebooting while playing Advanced Warfare. I have attached his dump files.
BSOD Help and Support
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - New Teaser Video
More...
Gaming
Call of Duty: 4 Modern Warfare
Hey guys i have completed my setup but when tried to open the single player file i get this message :( miles\mssmps.asi is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.Try installing again ...... miles\mssvoice.asi is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an...
Gaming
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Does this game have a single player mode. Just want to try it out on my rig alone, no connect to web.
Gaming
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Hello all! I just re-installed the game and I'm trying to get to work. I'm getting an error message that says that it's looking for DX9c files. I have DX11 installed. Is there a patch or workaround that will enable the game to work on DX11? Thanks for any help that you can give
Gaming
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Whose picking it up? I work at Wal-Mart overnight shift, and today at 12:01AM the Electronics Dept was effing NUTS! seemed like more than 100 people showed up on time all with COD MW2 in hand. And here I am walking in to break-time wishing I had my freaking paycheck NOW and being involved...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:45.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App