Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Gaming gone mad?

14 Jun 2014   #1
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 
Gaming gone mad?

-capture.jpg

£240 ($360) for four games. Discuss.




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jun 2014   #2
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Sad to say but typical price for new releases.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2014   #3
Alex1986

Windows 8.1
 
 

Wait for sales.

And prodobly they are not worth it anyway never buy before you can see how game looks on youtube and then decide.

Edit: I wonder why quality of games is not going to increase but only price.

Edit2: Wanted to cheak Sims 4 for sister and already 3 dlc **** them. For DAI only 6 dlcs

Kinda makes you wonder if customers are idiots...first explanation for dlc was we diden't finish in time we worked on them after we finished game so we sell them. Now months before game is sold addons are sold too briliant.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Jun 2014   #4
MrNeeds

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

It's origin, EA charge what they like for broken games, I've never bought anything from origin, it's cheaper to buy the physical disc from stores.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2014   #5
Alex1986

Windows 8.1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
It's origin, EA charge what they like for broken games, I've never bought anything from origin, it's cheaper to buy the physical disc from stores.
Did you heard about Origin printer(forgot it's name) so you can make copy of Origin games? i wonder and im almost sure they will never decide to abandon drm.

Edit: damn can't find it on google im 100% sure i saw it on Origin. It was abou 3d printer and making hard copy of your origin games.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2014   #6
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

That's normal and that's a full price tag for big and anticipated games. Well after putting so much money on the projects and development of each game they need to cover it too. I personally buy games on sales and discounts most of the times! I'm waiting for a price drop on Wolfenstein the new order and Watch Dogs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2014   #7
Boozad

W7 Pro x64 SP1 | W10 Pro IP x64 | W8.1 Pro x64 VM | Linux Mint VM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
That's normal and that's a full price tag for big and anticipated games. Well after putting so much money on the projects and development of each game they need to cover it too.
That's the thing though, as others have stated if you shop around you can often find the same games at nearly half the price. Now those vendors have obtained the keys for those games from somewhere (or the physical disks which theoretically should cost more than digital downloads) and will make a profit when they sell them.
I suppose really I'm having a dig at EA as some people with more money than sense will pay that price, and EA will be more than covering their costs of developing the games. It's pretty disgusting really.

I've only ever bought one thing through EA, the BF4 Premium content, and only ever paid for three EA games since moving to PC (I've paid Humble Bundle for a few in the Origin pack they did) and I'll probably never buy another EA game. The fact that they are comfortable charging people what could very well equate to a week's wages for four games is despicable, and guaranteed a lot of people will have trouble getting those games to work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2014   #8
Alex1986

Windows 8.1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
The fact that they are comfortable charging people what could very well equate to a week's wages for four games is despicable, and guaranteed a lot of people will have trouble getting those games to work.
In my country it's almost a month wage my laptop was cheaper than those games lol...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2014   #9
badger906

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, & Mac OS X 10.9.2
 
 

i get my games from G2A.com. They send you a CD key 24hours before release and then you just add it on steam or origin, get games much much cheaper. I paid £24 for Titanfall on release.

Battlefield hardline is currently £31.92 on G2A.com
https://www.g2a.com/battlefield-hard...er-global.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2014   #10
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
That's normal and that's a full price tag for big and anticipated games. Well after putting so much money on the projects and development of each game they need to cover it too.
That's the thing though, as others have stated if you shop around you can often find the same games at nearly half the price. Now those vendors have obtained the keys for those games from somewhere (or the physical disks which theoretically should cost more than digital downloads) and will make a profit when they sell them.
I suppose really I'm having a dig at EA as some people with more money than sense will pay that price, and EA will be more than covering their costs of developing the games. It's pretty disgusting really.

I've only ever bought one thing through EA, the BF4 Premium content, and only ever paid for three EA games since moving to PC (I've paid Humble Bundle for a few in the Origin pack they did) and I'll probably never buy another EA game. The fact that they are comfortable charging people what could very well equate to a week's wages for four games is despicable, and guaranteed a lot of people will have trouble getting those games to work.
Well actually I usually do same my self and look around for games in cheap price I never bought any game directly from EA Origin in fact I bought Humble Origin Bundle and that was my first ever collection in the Origin client and later Plants vs Zombies GOTY added for free of course from the On The House deal other than that I actually never bought any digital copy from Origin. I sometimes buy Steam keys from GMG and they already have a huge sale going on these days and I think Steam summer sale is also near!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Gaming gone mad?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming
Hi guys, This is my first post in this forum since I have not received any help from elswhere. You guys are my only hope. Okay, so I recently bought two G1 Gaming GTX970 graphics cards. The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers, so I got the Display Driver...
BSOD Help and Support
Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.
So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers. It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect. I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if...
BSOD Help and Support
Gaming on a Desktop Computer VERSUS Gaming on a laptop
In your opinion, what do you think are the pros and cons of gaming on a desktop computer and a laptop computer ? I'm hoping in the next several months to own a fairly decent gaming system, whether it be laptop or desktop. However I'm still undecided as to what I really want. Money won't be...
Gaming
Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.
ok, so let me just throw my budget out here, est: $600 I'm not sure, i could be more or less thats just a rough idea. MY NEED: I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at 50% - 60% atleast. And i want it to be able to play grand theft auto v, I need help in the costs of...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???
I dont know why. I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it. I dont know why but hopefully you can help me. :D My Computer Stats: -Intel® Core™ i7-3770K -GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Z77 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB -Corsair Vengeance 8GB -2TB Hard Drive...
BSOD Help and Support
Gaming Mouse Pads + Gaming Mouses
Share your gaming mouse and a gaming mousepad if you have one
Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App