Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PS3 Emulator , Exists OR not....?

15 Feb 2015   #1
fahadhum

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
PS3 Emulator , Exists OR not....?

I have with me a 24 GB sized Game known as , "Metal Gear Solid 4 : The guns of patriots", in my PC...

My system specs are :

Intel Pentium Processor i7
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 960 2GB Graphics Card
GIGABYTE H97-D3H Motherboard

Hence,i can pretty much play any heavy game (I suppose).So,can anyone tell me , how to play a Play Station 3 game on my system, either through an Emulator or any other software of similar nature....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Feb 2015   #2
Phill3990

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

There are almost no PS3 emulators, the PS3s systems are complex and hard to replicate without years of programming and other crap. You would have better luck finding a cheap PS3 and just buying the game for that.

I would be cautious using any link to one you may find they are known to contain viruses and other nasties

On another note, most members here will not help as 'emulators' and/or ROMS can be seen as illegal programs because they break copyright and other policies etc etc. I believe talking about such programs is against the forums policies.

Regards,

Phill3990
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2015   #3
RoasterMen

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Emulating a console and downloading pirated games for it is similar to buying a PS3 and jailbreaking it. It'll be 20 years before such emulators gets released, for now you'll just have to stick with a PS2 Emulator (Trust me, even a Core i5 struggles to run that crap without a good video card and HTs don't work well with it.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Feb 2015   #4
fahadhum

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phill3990 View Post
There are almost no PS3 emulators, the PS3s systems are complex and hard to replicate without years of programming and other crap. You would have better luck finding a cheap PS3 and just buying the game for that.

I would be cautious using any link to one you may find they are known to contain viruses and other nasties

On another note, most members here will not help as 'emulators' and/or ROMS can be seen as illegal programs because they break copyright and other policies etc etc. I believe talking about such programs is against the forums policies.

Regards,

Phill3990
Thank you for givine me this information.I shall keep that in mind
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2015   #5
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fahadhum View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phill3990 View Post
There are almost no PS3 emulators, the PS3s systems are complex and hard to replicate without years of programming and other crap. You would have better luck finding a cheap PS3 and just buying the game for that.

I would be cautious using any link to one you may find they are known to contain viruses and other nasties

On another note, most members here will not help as 'emulators' and/or ROMS can be seen as illegal programs because they break copyright and other policies etc etc. I believe talking about such programs is against the forums policies.

Regards,

Phill3990
Thank you for givine me this information.I shall keep that in mind
Good and PS3 these days are selling all over local forums you can find one for $100 to $120 easily. Games are cheap too and beside all that once you get the PS3 you can find a lot of PS3 Exclusives like The Last of Us, Uncharted Series, God of War Series etc for cheap price too so in short a lot of enjoyment with amazingly worthwhile PS3 games.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2015   #6
Contrabardus

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

It won't be "20 years" probably only a few more years.

The issue with a PS3 Emulator is that current hardware can't really do it. Emulating is very intensive and takes a lot of resources to do. If someone released a PS3 emulator it would run like absolute crap on even the nicest systems available.

It won't be any more difficult to do than any other emulator by the time the hardware is up to the task. It's just a matter of building a shell that the OS will run in. That's definitely possible, not necessarily easy, but I don't see why it would be any more difficult than emulating any other console.

The issue is really hardware limitations for emulation, not that it's so incredibly difficult.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2015   #7
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
It won't be "20 years" probably only a few more years.

The issue with a PS3 Emulator is that current hardware can't really do it. Emulating is very intensive and takes a lot of resources to do. If someone released a PS3 emulator it would run like absolute crap on even the nicest systems available.

It won't be any more difficult to do than any other emulator by the time the hardware is up to the task. It's just a matter of building a shell that the OS will run in. That's definitely possible, not necessarily easy, but I don't see why it would be any more difficult than emulating any other console.

The issue is really hardware limitations for emulation, not that it's so incredibly difficult.
Also they just now have a decent emulation for the wii. Yes the wii. It is going to be a long time until ps3.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2015   #8
Contrabardus

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
It won't be "20 years" probably only a few more years.

The issue with a PS3 Emulator is that current hardware can't really do it. Emulating is very intensive and takes a lot of resources to do. If someone released a PS3 emulator it would run like absolute crap on even the nicest systems available.

It won't be any more difficult to do than any other emulator by the time the hardware is up to the task. It's just a matter of building a shell that the OS will run in. That's definitely possible, not necessarily easy, but I don't see why it would be any more difficult than emulating any other console.

The issue is really hardware limitations for emulation, not that it's so incredibly difficult.
Also they just now have a decent emulation for the wii. Yes the wii. It is going to be a long time until ps3.
The Wii and the PS3 are almost the same age. Both were released in 2006.

We're probably looking at 3-4 years at most for a PS3 emulator, if that. The reason for the gap is the power difference between the two consoles. The Wii was more powerful than the original X-box was by a large margin, so the difference between the PS3 and the Wii wasn't all that much. Maybe two or three GPU and CPU hardware generations at most.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2015   #9
RoasterMen

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
 
 

PS3's hardware is much better than the Wii's. I was kinda shocked when the Wii is just using a GeForce FX 5200 Based GPU while the other uses a 7800 GTX based GPU.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PS3 Emulator , Exists OR not....?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
A connection with a name you specified already exists!
Hi, My network adapter is named Local area connection 6 for unknown reasons http://i.imgur.com/Zwu1wDh.png I tried renaming it to Local area connection 1-5, but all were failed http://i.imgur.com/U9LynXz.png I tried hidden driver remover but still no use.:( Here is a screenshot of network...
Network & Sharing
Is there a macro key emulator?
I don't have a gaming mouse or keyboard. So i was wondering if there is a program that allows me to hit a key, for example "5", and does an action I assigned (keystrokes, ect.) in game. I can't really find something like it that is easy to use. :cry:
Software
win xp emulator
i installed the xp emulator and virtual machine as prescribed in download....when i tried to open xp emulator getting error message saying an older version of Virtual machine is installed and must be removed.....wher is it and how do i uninstall ???????
Virtualization
Scanline emulator?
Like in arcade emulator like MAME and computer emulators like WINUAE, is scanlines available as a standalone program so I can watch an 80's movie and have that retro look. Or, is there a plugin for iTunes or Windows Media Player? I tried VLC.
Software
PSX emulator help
I am trying to format my memory card file (Save 1.bin) in my PSX emulator but it wont let me. I have tried it while playing oddworld abe's exodus...but the game just freezes when it happens...plz help!
Gaming
XP Emulator
Hey Everyone, I have some software our company needs to use that doesn't run under Win7. I've tried the compatibility mode on the icon of the installed program but this does not work. Would installing the below help or should I be looking for something else? Download Windows XP Mode ...
Virtualization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App