Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Minecraft Low FPS

03 Jul 2015   #1
Adafaka

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Minecraft Low FPS

Hey,
I kinda have a FPS problem with Minecraft.
These are my gpu and cpu:
GPU : r9 280x Vapor-X /w boost
CPU : intel i7 - 4790 @3.60GHz
While on a server I get 150-250 fps, sometimes even under 150.
I have Optifine, 64-bit Java, have tried allocating memory and nothing works
Could anyone give me suggestions on how to get higher fps?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jul 2015   #2
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Are you using Java from Oracle or the lighter/standalone version that comes with the Minecraft installer?

From here:
Minecraft Doesn?t Need Java Installed Anymore; It?s Time to Uninstall Java

Quote:
The short version is that Minecraft is now bundling a standalone version of Java into their installation and it doesn’t have the security problems and annoyances that regular Java does. The really great thing is that Minecraft should actually run faster in our testing if you use their version instead of the version you already have installed.
Ignore the poor grammar in that last sentence.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2015   #3
MrNeeds

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adafaka View Post
Hey,
I kinda have a FPS problem with Minecraft.
These are my gpu and cpu:
GPU : r9 280x Vapor-X /w boost
CPU : intel i7 - 4790 @3.60GHz
While on a server I get 150-250 fps, sometimes even under 150.
I have Optifine, 64-bit Java, have tried allocating memory and nothing works
Could anyone give me suggestions on how to get higher fps?
I'd say that minecraft running at 150fps+ is brilliant, I barely get 60fps most of the time, try turning down the render chunks to 16 or lower (that seems to impact fps more than anything) and/or turn down antialiasing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jul 2015   #4
Adafaka

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
Are you using Java from Oracle or the lighter/standalone version that comes with the Minecraft installer?

From here:
Minecraft Doesn?t Need Java Installed Anymore; It?s Time to Uninstall Java

Quote:
The short version is that Minecraft is now bundling a standalone version of Java into their installation and it doesn’t have the security problems and annoyances that regular Java does. The really great thing is that Minecraft should actually run faster in our testing if you use their version instead of the version you already have installed.
Ignore the poor grammar in that last sentence.
I did try it, it's the same.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
I'd say that minecraft running at 150fps+ is brilliant, I barely get 60fps most of the time, try turning down the render chunks to 16 or lower (that seems to impact fps more than anything) and/or turn down antialiasing.
No, for my GPU it's not. You get barely 60fps because you have a GTX 560 (from what it says on your profile). I can run Witcher 3 on medium settings with higher FPS. And I have already tried all of the settings, doesn't matter how I put them, I always get around the same fps, just not higher.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2015   #5
JustCall

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
 
 

Try lowering the settings, and turning VBOs on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2015   #6
goosebumps912

windows 10 professional 32bit
 
 

lol you stress over 100 FPS when my average is 20
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2015   #7
MrNeeds

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

you could also try lowering the mipmaps to 2 or less, a lot of people seem to think that affects frame rate but personally, I don't.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2015   #8
JustCall

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
 
 

You won't be able to tell any difference between 60fps and 150fps unless your monitor is over 60Hz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2015   #9
Adafaka

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

This is how I tell the difference
Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

Looks like Windows 8.1 is the fix for the FPS.
800+ fps, this is what I wanted, lol
Thanks for trying to help tho.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2015   #10
MrNeeds

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adafaka View Post
This is how I tell the difference
Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

Looks like Windows 8.1 is the fix for the FPS.
800+ fps, this is what I wanted, lol
Thanks for trying to help tho.
I really don't understand why you would need 1000+ framerates for any game, all it does is introduce screen tearing to your gaming experience unless you're using freesync, which defies the point anyway because it'll only sync with 75fps or lower, the only logical conclusion I can come to is that you want bragging rights...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Minecraft Low FPS




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Minecraft Low Fps
---
Gaming
minecraft server
i have an minecraft server (in online mode) and when its online my friends cant join getting this message (partly only important parts) java exception error connection timed out any ideas are welcome to fix it but i cant add it to the firewall because its not a program but a java application (maybe...
Network & Sharing
How do I add memory to Minecraft
Hi all I have seen a couple of tutorials on how to add memory to Minecraft but none of them have worked very effervescently what is the best way I could do this ?
Gaming
Minecraft and Fraps
Hello all, I figured this would be the best place for this. When I started out using Fraps all was good, everything worked. As time went on I slowly got more issues. Currently when recording - and only when recording - I get random game freezes. My game will freeze for 5-7 seconds. Also the longer...
Chillout Room
Addicted to MineCraft
I can't seem to stop playing MineCraft. Anyone else have this "problem"? :p
Gaming
Minecraft anyone else play??
Hey guys anyone else here play mine craft??
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:58.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App