Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Good specs, lower than average FPS on most new games

01 Nov 2015   #11
lightingft

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mellon Head View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by lightingft View Post
I doubt it's the GPU, could be the broken pins..
So what pins exactly are broken?
The CPU Socket pins on the mobo. 5 of them were bent and I had them bent back manually, and 2 of them are broken. I see my CPU usage spiking, and every game that I have non-steady FPS on relates to it being a CPU intensive game, so I'm guessing it's that.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Nov 2015   #12
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

So two of the pins on your CPU are broken? Or is it your motherboard pins? I don't quite follow how motherboard CPU pins could be broken and straightened again. They are in a socket which prevents the pins from moving around. But I'm surprised it runs at all.

Looks like it's time for a new CPU or motherboard, depending on what is broken.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2015   #13
lightingft

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mellon Head View Post
So two of the pins on your CPU are broken? Or is it your motherboard pins? I don't quite follow how motherboard CPU pins could be broken and straightened again. They are in a socket which prevents the pins from moving around. But I'm surprised it runs at all.

Looks like it's time for a new CPU or motherboard, depending on what is broken.
No, the CPU Socket. The part of the motherboard where the CPU goes in. Not the CPU's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Nov 2015   #14
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

Then you need a new motherboard. I wouldn't even try to run a CPU where the socket had missing pins. It might get damaged that way. If one of those pins is a ground reference, there's no telling what can happen.

Like I said, I'm surprised it runs at all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2015   #15
lightingft

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mellon Head View Post
Then you need a new motherboard. I wouldn't even try to run a CPU where the socket had missing pins. It might get damaged that way. If one of those pins is a ground reference, there's no telling what can happen.

Like I said, I'm surprised it runs at all.
Half of the people says it's fine running with two broken pins if the PC runs fine, while the other half says it's bad.. I've been running fine for about 2 weeks now, I don't know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2015   #16
Mellon Head

Win 7 Pro x64/Win 10 Pro x64 dual boot
 
 

Well, it's your PC, but by the sound of things, it is not running fine. You have something that is obviously broken. Is it not possible that the cause of your performance problem is the broken pins?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2015   #17
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

I'm not sure about your market, but here socket 1155 boards are pretty hard to come by. You may try to call Intel and see what they would charge you to repair the pins. The socket can be replaced, but only by a manufacturer.

As Mellon Head said, I'm surprised it runs at all. Each of those pins connect to the CPU and some function of it to everything on the motherboard. Whatever those broken pins control, is not working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Nov 2015   #18
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

If everything is running fine then what is the purpose of this thread.

If I had a motherboard with broken pins I would just replace the motherboard. Intel didn't put those pins on the motherboard
just for the hell of it. Those pins are there for a reason.
I'm not really sure how a pin gets broken on a motherboard unless it was in manufacturing and then the Intel motherboard would not of passed inspection.

I don't know if those broken pins are causing your run fine problem but they are causing some sort of problem.

I did find a seller. Never tried them so I don't know anything about them.

Intel BLKDP67DEB3 P67 LGA-1155 32Gb DDR3 Micro ATX Bare Motherboard only | Saitech Inc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2015   #19
lightingft

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mellon Head View Post
Well, it's your PC, but by the sound of things, it is not running fine. You have something that is obviously broken. Is it not possible that the cause of your performance problem is the broken pins?
That is probably the cause. There's no way of telling though, because I had performance drops before the pins breaking, but I had 90 celsius temps on CPU before pins breaking too, which I've fixed, and alongside that, a new problem occurred - the pins...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
I'm not sure about your market, but here socket 1155 boards are pretty hard to come by. You may try to call Intel and see what they would charge you to repair the pins. The socket can be replaced, but only by a manufacturer.

As Mellon Head said, I'm surprised it runs at all. Each of those pins connect to the CPU and some function of it to everything on the motherboard. Whatever those broken pins control, is not working.
I'm already looking into a new motherboard, the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 presumably.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
If everything is running fine then what is the purpose of this thread.

If I had a motherboard with broken pins I would just replace the motherboard. Intel didn't put those pins on the motherboard
just for the hell of it. Those pins are there for a reason.
I'm not really sure how a pin gets broken on a motherboard unless it was in manufacturing and then the Intel motherboard would not of passed inspection.

I don't know if those broken pins are causing your run fine problem but they are causing some sort of problem.

I did find a seller. Never tried them so I don't know anything about them.

Intel BLKDP67DEB3 P67 LGA-1155 32Gb DDR3 Micro ATX Bare Motherboard only | Saitech Inc
I broke them upon an incident manually.. That's how they are broken. Also the purpose of this thread is to address any other problems, as at that time I did not know it's purely my processor and motherboard causing the problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Good specs, lower than average FPS on most new games




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Is it good for a PC to be at 15C or lower?
Currently my PC is at my grandma's place in a bedroom with a window with low thermal isolation quality (excuse my English, not my primary language) and in the room temperature during the night is less than 15C at winter. Can that damage the PC? The GPU after recovering from "Sleep Mode" is 15C...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Is 65C a good average temperature for a CPU?
I own an A8-5500 and its average temperature is 60 - 65 Centigrades, and sometimes, when im playing games (For example: Bioshock Infinite), the game crashes... and both the GPU (Nvidia 9800GT) and the CPU get really hot. What should i do to fix the temperature problem if it actually is a problem?
Hardware & Devices
Computer with good specs running slow during games
Specs: 6Gb DDRII ram AMD Phenom II x4 965 Processor 3.42Ghz XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB 500GB HDD (Forgot make/model) 550W PSU If I forgot anything major, feel free to ask So yesterday I was at my mates house and booted up Skyrim on his PC. His settings were at ultra ands he ran the game...
Performance & Maintenance
How to lower the average ping?
Hey all, i have a little problem... in online games like COD MW3 and Counter Strike 1.6 and online softwares like Ventrilo i have the higest ping on the server. i dont mean i have a 150-300 ping. its seems like i have 5 ping but listed i have 25 ping... And all others have 5-15 ping... i...
Gaming
Are my specs good?
I am sorry if this is the wrong sub forum but it seems like the best choice to post my question. I am getting my new laptop tomorrow and was wondering if my specs were any good. Also will it be ok for gaming e.g modern warfare 2/ WoW. Model: Msi Processor:AMD TURION 2 ULTRA DUAL CORE...
Hardware & Devices
How good are mine specs for new games?
Hello everybody. I just wanted to know what do you think about my new computer. Is it good for games and other stress? Would you use a computer like this? Tell me, please. Motherboard: ASUS P5Q-E CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3,06GHz Memory RAMs: Kingston 2GB DDRII 800 MHz (x3 = 6GB) Hard...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App