Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can You Run It?


13 Dec 2009   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 
Can You Run It?

Can You Run It? Powered by System Requirements Lab

This program tests your computer to see if you can run a game that you chose from the list. (Sometimes, they don't have them all)

I recommend users that want to know if they can run their game go here and try it out yourself.

Sticky recommendation.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Dec 2009   #2

Win7 Pro 64
 
 

this computer tells me i can run L4D2 with ATI RADEON HD 4200

but on a gfx card comparison site, it tells me that i cannot.

i do not know who to trust.

sometimes system requirements lab tell me i fail miserably in a test, but i know i do not fail because every thing is supported except the fact that the game cannot be run on a Windows 7 OS which causes my test to fail lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Dec 2009   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

I use this, and it is true to what it tells me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Dec 2009   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by XboxOmac View Post
I use this, and it is true to what it tells me.
Can you run it is nice except it depends on something that normally is incorrect...it depends on what your driver reports...

Ex. I thought it would be interesting to see how my laptop would run GTAIV so I droped by the site in question for a checkup. I also had the first beta driver available for my laptop from NVIDIA inwhich performed well except for the fact that it reported the VRAM as 2.0GB. To my surprise Can You Run It reported the video card the same way EXCEPT it reported the vram as being physical ram (its actualy vram is 512MB) and said I would be cleared to go on reccomended settings...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2009   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by XboxOmac View Post
I use this, and it is true to what it tells me.
Can you run it is nice except it depends on something that normally is incorrect...it depends on what your driver reports...

Ex. I thought it would be interesting to see how my laptop would run GTAIV so I droped by the site in question for a checkup. I also had the first beta driver available for my laptop from NVIDIA inwhich performed well except for the fact that it reported the VRAM as 2.0GB. To my surprise Can You Run It reported the video card the same way EXCEPT it reported the vram as being physical ram (its actualy vram is 512MB) and said I would be cleared to go on reccomended settings...
Well it has it's flaws :| But I still see it as a great help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Dec 2009   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by XboxOmac View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by XboxOmac View Post
I use this, and it is true to what it tells me.
Can you run it is nice except it depends on something that normally is incorrect...it depends on what your driver reports...

Ex. I thought it would be interesting to see how my laptop would run GTAIV so I droped by the site in question for a checkup. I also had the first beta driver available for my laptop from NVIDIA inwhich performed well except for the fact that it reported the VRAM as 2.0GB. To my surprise Can You Run It reported the video card the same way EXCEPT it reported the vram as being physical ram (its actualy vram is 512MB) and said I would be cleared to go on reccomended settings...
Well it has it's flaws :| But I still see it as a great help.
I wasn't saying it isn't a great service...I was just saying to take it for what it is and not expect it to be the omnipotent word on if you can run a game
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

umm...if one knows the minimum req. then he can deduce whether the game will run or not. It's not awfully correct, as reality differs from an 'ideal' min. req., but nevertheless u can get a guess that's near the truth
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2009   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dorian hawkmoon View Post
umm...if one knows the minimum req. then he can deduce whether the game will run or not. It's not awfully correct, as reality differs from an 'ideal' min. req., but nevertheless u can get a guess that's near the truth
You will not believe the hard time I had trying to find system requirements for certain games...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Dec 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Ignore the requirements and build a proper pc - slap together a fresh dual core such as a Phenom x2 550, 4GB of RAM, 7 Ultimate x64 and a 4890 with a 1TB hard drive and acceptable motherboard, and you will have no problems. Except for some games (Crysis, cough) you'll play anything on high/max as long as you don't jack up the AA to 16x at 1080p with most new games.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can You Run It?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33