Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Counter Strike 1.6 Steam Win7 resolution problem

14 Jan 2010   #1

Win 7
 
 
Counter Strike 1.6 Steam Win7 resolution problem

Hey guys,

I am experiencing resolution problem with my screen while playing CS.
The problem is shown below:

Settings: CS resolution is set to: 1280 x 800
Window Default set to: 1920 x 1080
Problem:
My monitor does not automatically switch to 1280 x 800 resolution when i open CS. which it does for my old 19" monitor. I need to manually change the window default resolution to 1280 x 800 to meet the resolution setting in my CS which is annoying. Please advise for solution.

System Running: Window 7 build
Monitor: Samsung XL2370
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX260

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jan 2010   #2

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pheux View Post
Hey guys,

I am experiencing resolution problem with my screen while playing CS.
The problem is shown below:

Settings: CS resolution is set to: 1280 x 800
Window Default set to: 1920 x 1080
Problem:
My monitor does not automatically switch to 1280 x 800 resolution when i open CS. which it does for my old 19" monitor. I need to manually change the window default resolution to 1280 x 800 to meet the resolution setting in my CS which is annoying. Please advise for solution.

System Running: Window 7 build
Monitor: Samsung XL2370
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX260
SO everytime you start the game, you have to change the resolution? Do you power-off the monitor when not using it? Do you have to change the monitor resolution for windows on login?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jan 2010   #3

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pheux View Post
Hey guys,

I am experiencing resolution problem with my screen while playing CS.
The problem is shown below:

Settings: CS resolution is set to: 1280 x 800
Window Default set to: 1920 x 1080
Problem:
My monitor does not automatically switch to 1280 x 800 resolution when i open CS. which it does for my old 19" monitor. I need to manually change the window default resolution to 1280 x 800 to meet the resolution setting in my CS which is annoying. Please advise for solution.

System Running: Window 7 build
Monitor: Samsung XL2370
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX260
SO everytime you start the game, you have to change the resolution? Do you power-off the monitor when not using it? Do you have to change the monitor resolution for windows on login?
Yes I need to change my window resolution to meet the cs resolution every time I start my game.
Yes I turn off my monitor when not using it.
No I don't have to change the monitor resolution for windows on login.
But when i stop playing my game I have to set my resolution for my window back again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Jan 2010   #4

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pheux View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pheux View Post
Hey guys,

I am experiencing resolution problem with my screen while playing CS.
The problem is shown below:

Settings: CS resolution is set to: 1280 x 800
Window Default set to: 1920 x 1080
Problem:
My monitor does not automatically switch to 1280 x 800 resolution when i open CS. which it does for my old 19" monitor. I need to manually change the window default resolution to 1280 x 800 to meet the resolution setting in my CS which is annoying. Please advise for solution.

System Running: Window 7 build
Monitor: Samsung XL2370
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX260
SO everytime you start the game, you have to change the resolution? Do you power-off the monitor when not using it? Do you have to change the monitor resolution for windows on login?
Yes I need to change my window resolution to meet the cs resolution every time I start my game.
Yes I turn off my monitor when not using it.
No I don't have to change the monitor resolution for windows on login.
But when i stop playing my game I have to set my resolution for my window back again.
Alright. have you tried running as admin? Or in XP compatibility mode?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 
Re: Problem

Hi guys... Dude When You Play Cs 1.6 there is an auto-tuning in your monitor Press That and You will play cs in full screen

If This Doesnt work Then Try Lowering Your screen refresh Rate and Press auto-tuning button on monitor panel ...

i think this will help You
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jan 2010   #6

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by relphelp View Post
Hi guys... Dude When You Play Cs 1.6 there is an auto-tuning in your monitor Press That and You will play cs in full screen

If This Doesnt work Then Try Lowering Your screen refresh Rate and Press auto-tuning button on monitor panel ...

i think this will help You
Dont lower your refresh rate, it can damage your monitor!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

How can It Damage Ur monitor??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #8

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by relphelp View Post
How can It Damage Ur monitor??
Running a lower refresh rate than the monitor is made for can cause a burn-up. Thats what i hear atleast...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Well I will Google It Tell u
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Counter Strike 1.6 Steam Win7 resolution problem




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33