Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Help! Command & Conquer 3 start up issue with Windows 7


19 Jan 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Help! Command & Conquer 3 start up issue with Windows 7

Hey all,

I just bought a new Dell with Windows 7. I recently installed Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars but it would not run after it installed. It gave me a splash screen saying...

"Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have Hardware Acceleration disabled in the Display Control Panel."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times and checked Dxdiag which shows I have DirectX11 and all my drivers are up to date. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (6.1, Build 7600). My laptop is brand new just out of the box and has pretty much nothing on it yet as far as available space goes. I don't know anything about computers and don't know what else to try. Can someone please help me with this? Is it just not possible to play this game with this OS? Thanks for any input...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Jan 2010   #2

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jgamache33 View Post
Hey all,

I just bought a new Dell with Windows 7. I recently installed Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars but it would not run after it installed. It gave me a splash screen saying...

"Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have Hardware Acceleration disabled in the Display Control Panel."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times and checked Dxdiag which shows I have DirectX11 and all my drivers are up to date. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (6.1, Build 7600). My laptop is brand new just out of the box and has pretty much nothing on it yet as far as available space goes. I don't know anything about computers and don't know what else to try. Can someone please help me with this? Is it just not possible to play this game with this OS? Thanks for any input...
Well, some versions of DX are not backwards compatible. Try installing DX10, and see if that helps. Please fill in your specs!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
 
 

Just chipping in to confirm that the game WILL work with Windows 7 x64. I have it installed and have played both skirmishes and campaigns and had no crashing or stability problems.

I didn't have to use any compatibility modes or change any settings to get it to work, either. Have you tried patching Tiberium Wars to the newest version? I did that before I started playing (mostly for bug fixes, to be honest) and that could be why it works for me and not for you.

Are you using the Expansion (Kane's Wrath) or just the vanilla version? I also do not have the expansion installed, so that could be why mine works and yours does not.

I'm running version 1.09, and you can download the patch here.

Hopefully this will help you out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Mar 2010   #4

Windows 7 x64 Professional
 
 

I had the same problem... busy downloading the patch now

My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Mar 2010   #5

Windows 7 x64 Professional
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigseb View Post
I had the same problem... busy downloading the patch now

Patch worked!! Hurrah!! Now once I've finished Far Cry I can get rid of that pesky XP partition.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Mar 2010   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Have same issue.

Have all mentioned above installed.
Tried running in XP SP2 and SP3 w/wo Admin mode.
Patches installed.

I do have Wrath installed and that works fine.

OS
Windows 7 CPUi7 960
MotherboardASUS P6T -- Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI

Memory6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-2000 Graphics Card(s)ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)

Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

PSU850 Watt -- CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850w SLI

CaseCoolerMaster HAF 922 Mid Tower Gaming Case - Black

CoolingLiquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [SOCKET-1366]
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #7

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cybergamezone View Post
Have same issue.

Have all mentioned above installed.
Tried running in XP SP2 and SP3 w/wo Admin mode.
Patches installed.

I do have Wrath installed and that works fine.

OS
Windows 7 CPUi7 960
MotherboardASUS P6T -- Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI

Memory6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-2000 Graphics Card(s)ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)

Sound Card3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

PSU850 Watt -- CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850w SLI

CaseCoolerMaster HAF 922 Mid Tower Gaming Case - Black

CoolingLiquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [SOCKET-1366]
Is your system 32-bit or 64-bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2010   #8

Windows 7
 
 

It is 64bit.

But since then been able to resolve the issue.

Just started to work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2010   #9

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cybergamezone View Post
It is 64bit.

But since then been able to resolve the issue.

Just started to work.
Could you share your anwser with the rest of the forums so other people can use the fix as well?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Help! Command & Conquer 3 start up issue with Windows 7




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33