Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Disable Capslock popups

23 Jan 2010   #1
Diesel

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 
Disable Capslock popups

When I game, I have caps lock tied to ingame functions. The capslock popup bring me out of game, and is a pain in the but.

Anyway to disable this useless feature?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Jan 2010   #2
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

There is a way, involving the registry

Back up registry
Make a system image on a external hard drive.
(I am very careful when it comes to the regisry)

Then follow this
Disable Caps Lock Key in Windows 7 or Vista - the How-To Geek
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2010   #3
Diesel

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

I didn't mean the key itself, I mean the Windows 7 popup.

This:

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Jan 2010   #4
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
There is a way, involving the registry

Back up registry
Make a system image on a external hard drive.
(I am very careful when it comes to the regisry)

Then follow this
Disable Caps Lock Key in Windows 7 or Vista - the How-To Geek
I did that, about a week ago, changing it to an extra shift key......made my internet much less stressful. I have to look at the keys as I type, so at times I would look up and whole sentences would be reversed from hitting the caps lock with my pinkie by accident. I never needed the caps lock anyways.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jan 2010   #5
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I didn't mean the key itself, I mean the Windows 7 popup.

This:
Hi Welcome to SF,

This happen due to a process called bttray.exe. You could try this

Start > Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WidcommBT > Config > General > KeyIndication

KeyIndication and Change it from 1 to 0

Then reboot the Computer that might fix the problem

Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2010   #6
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

what make of keyboard do you use and do you have the software for the keyboard installed too? for example, i have a logitech keyboard / mouse combo and it's software is "logitech set point." within the software there are settings for disabling the volume and caps lock on screen display.

microsoft has its own software for its keyboards and there are settings within to control the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2010   #7
Diesel

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I didn't mean the key itself, I mean the Windows 7 popup.

This:
Hi Welcome to SF,

This happen due to a process called bttray.exe. You could try this

Start > Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WidcommBT > Config > General > KeyIndication

KeyIndication and Change it from 1 to 0

Then reboot the Computer that might fix the problem

Hope this helps,
Captain
I don't seem to have that entry in the registry.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
what make of keyboard do you use and do you have the software for the keyboard installed too? for example, i have a logitech keyboard / mouse combo and it's software is "logitech set point." within the software there are settings for disabling the volume and caps lock on screen display.

microsoft has its own software for its keyboards and there are settings within to control the same.
I'm using a laptop, so it's a built-in keyboard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jan 2010   #8
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

there's got to be software that runs the keyboard and key mappings... that would be, more than likely, the software you need to modify in order enable / disable the popups.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2010   #9
Diesel

Windows 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Found the issue, quickset.exe spawns these popups.

You can close this thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Feb 2010   #10
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Found the issue, quickset.exe spawns these popups.

You can close this thread.
Glad that you got it working !!
Thank You for posting the fix this should be helpful for others

Good Luck,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Disable Capslock popups




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Disable Capslock Popups
Hey I have tried the regedit move but when I get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE.. I can't find the WidcommBT in SOFTWARE as suggested.. any advice??
Gaming
IE9 and Popups
I downloaded the IE9 & most things are OK. The one thing I don't like are the security popups that appear on the bottom of the screen. Can they be eliminated:rolleyes::rolleyes: Thanks
Browsers & Mail
Capslock popup
I just got this Dell 1545. when I am typing and I hit caps lock, which I do often when I'm typing, this annoying popup appears in the lower right-hand corner of my screen. It actually stalls my typing. Instead of being able to toggle back and forth between caps and uncapped, now I have to stop...
General Discussion
Capslock Beep Missing
As a head-down typist I rely on the beep sound whenever the 'capslock' key is hit accidentally. Having installed Windows 7 quite recently I tried to set this 'alarm' up, but I cannot hear any beep sound. I have checked and double checked the appropriate settings in the keyboard options of the...
General Discussion
How to disable the taskbar popups?
OK, maybe I am just blind, but how can I disable the popups that come when I hover a taskbar item? http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6117/ss20100414081947.png Just wondering.
Customization
popups
I have this one,(and only one) I can't find blocker to stopoit have called gateway and e-machines but no help. any ideas?
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:20.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App