Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Major Steam Beta UI Update

23 Feb 2010   #11

 

Ugly as hell. Didn't last 60 seconds on my pc.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Feb 2010   #12

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jamesvdm View Post
Ugly as hell. Didn't last 60 seconds on my pc.
Good luck avoiding it in the not too distant future

LMAO It even predicts the future:

My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #13

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jamesvdm View Post
Ugly as hell. Didn't last 60 seconds on my pc.
Good luck avoiding it in the not too distant future

LMAO It even predicts the future:

Hahaha, this is irritating as Sh*t, click it, then it freezes, then it starts updating my MW2..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Feb 2010   #14

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Hahaha, this is irritating as Sh*t, click it, then it freezes, then it starts updating my MW2..
It takes awhile to cache all the images and pages for each game but its running really well for me
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #15

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Hahaha, this is irritating as Sh*t, click it, then it freezes, then it starts updating my MW2..
It takes awhile to cache all the images and pages for each game but its running really well for me
Now it's deleting all my MW2 game files, then re-downloading them, now i tried to reinstall it, then it wouldn't play, then i did a verification on the MW2 files, 110 files are missing, then it starts downloading those file, equivalent to 6.5gb.

I fully regret doing this, and i am now bald.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #16

 

********do not install this. It will mess up game files********
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #17

 

SIGH,

I tried explaining this on the Steam forum, the games are statically linked with Steam, You upgraded Steam and now the games also need upgrading.

It hasn't deleted jack shit, it hasn't messed up jack shit, its updating your games so they support the new Steam client or would you prefer you games dont work at all with the new client?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #18

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dmex View Post
SIGH,

I tried explaining this on the Steam forum, the games are statically linked with Steam, You upgraded Steam and now the games also need upgrading.

It hasn't deleted jack shit, it hasn't messed up jack shit, its updating your games so they support the new Steam client or would you prefer you games dont work at all with the new client?
BUT! why does 6.5GB of my game have to be redownloaded... just to work with the new steam? shouldn't it be a few small files, not 3/4 of a game..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #19

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
BUT! why does 6.5GB of my game have to be redownloaded... just to work with the new steam? shouldn't it be a few small files, not 3/4 of a game..
Its down to how steam packs content files, locked to the client and the latter how it uses decryption keys unfortunately

Im having to re-download 8GB of MW2.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2010   #20

 

few things i dont like, the new game browser, is a little annoying to get to, use to take 1 click now takes 2, as its not as instantaneous. i liked the old list format for games, i could see them all, no scrolling needed and it separated my installed games. but otherwise its faster, cleaner and does now slow when useing the GUI in game. 9/10 for the beta. just needs tweaking to the game list and navigation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Major Steam Beta UI Update




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Major Steam Beta UI Update
Thread Forum
Solved (KB245826) Update Causing Major Troubles Windows Updates & Activation
Major problem with ATI Catalyst update Drivers
Office 2010 Beta - MAJOR BUG Software
Next major windows update Windows Updates & Activation
Norton AV 2010 beta major problem System Security
Steam games Major FPS Drop Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33