All help is appreciated
Hereís the scoop:
Iíve tried everything to get my wired Xbox controller (orig.) to work in Win 7. Sadly Iíve only be able to get it to work as a one off fluke.That fluke occured while I was following Deludeds WKD tut. at http://forums.extremeoverclocking.co...d.php?t=325566
After hours of installing/uninstalling progs/drivers I plugged in my controller Windows recognised it and installed the drivers. After a quick happy dance I opened up XBCD and verified that all buttons worked. I then unplugged the device secured my wiring and when I plugged it back in it was unrecognised. Now
nothing I seem to do can bring it back up.
So Iíve uninstalled everything, double checked the wiring and now Iím going to walk through his tut. again and post the errors as they happen.
Please, please, please help me figure this out. I could live with it just not working, but the fact that I got it once on a fluke is driving me nuts.
Since I have Windows 7 64x Iím starting at 5b:
Downloaded DSEO and enabled TEST MODE under run as admin.
2. Ok booted in ďTest Mode Windows 7 7600Ē
3. Now Iím a little confused here. Tut. says to ďDownload the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b from that link I provided above, and follow the direction posted there.Ē However, their instructions say I need to sign a system file. But I havenít installed XBCD yet so how can I sign the .sys?
4. So next I download XBCD from link and install under run as admin
Installed. Do I need to worry about XBCD certificate (I went without).
5. Plugged in usb and device not recognised.
6. Tried to install manually through device manger but I get this message:
"The folder you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems"
7. So I reopen DSEO and sign ďC:\Windows\System32\drivers\xbcd.sysĒ then reboot.
8. Plug the device back in and itís still not recognized. Try to manually install driver via Device manager and I get the same message as above.