Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Please help me, witch RAM is the best foe gaming

12 Apr 2010   #11

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
HI please help me coz I am not sure witch RAM to choose for gaming? The one is Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C7 G - XMS2 and the other one is Corsair CMD4GX2M2A1066C5 Dominator and this one Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5/C5C - XMS2 and Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX - XMS2 . So witch one is the best? Please tell me witch one of these four is the best for gaming.
I would be more concerend about using any modern GPU with a PSU of only 350watts. If you want your system to perform with a modern GPU you will need a much higher output PSU.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Apr 2010   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
I would be more concerend about using any modern GPU with a PSU of only 350watts. If you want your system to perform with a modern GPU you will need a much higher output PSU.
+1 Chev65 gave you good advice.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #13

Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
Thats all good mate

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
HI please help me coz I am not sure witch RAM to choose for gaming? The one is Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C7 G - XMS2 and the other one is Corsair CMD4GX2M2A1066C5 Dominator and this one Corsair TWIN2X4096-8500C5/C5C - XMS2 and Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX - XMS2 . So witch one is the best? Please tell me witch one of these four is the best for gaming.
I would be more concerend about using any modern GPU with a PSU of only 350watts. If you want your system to perform with a modern GPU you will need a much higher output PSU.
I got a cooler master GX-650 Watt, I took the old one out. I must say the 650 is powerful because the sales man (who I know) said this PSU wil jump start any BMW M3-series.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Apr 2010   #14

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
I got a cooler master GX-650 Watt, I took the old one out. I must say the 650 is powerful because the sales man (who I know) said this PSU wil jump start any BMW M3-series.
Info on power supplies

- Recommended Power Supplies | silentpcreview.com
- Everything You Need to Know About Power Supplies | Hardware Secrets
- How to Buy a Power Supply - wikiHow
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Apr 2010   #15

Windows 7 Pro
 
 

I think any ram with a 1066 (533mhz x2) clock speed is good stuff, as long as the brand isnt complete and utter shit. PNY, Corsair, G.skill, OCZ, all good brands. I built a budget pc on ddr2 and I just grabbed 800mhz. It works just fine and I don't bottle neck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Apr 2010   #16

Windows 7 Home Prem x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsen View Post
I agree. your specs say you have a Gigabyte board. Gigabyte is good for listing all thier specs online. If you dont know the model, get CPU-Z and look in the mainboard tab: CPUID

Thank you very much for the link. Sometimes the little details people put into their posts, while nothing new to them, turns out to be very interesting to other board members......like me

BTW, I added to your reputation Thorsen
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #17

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

I've had the best luck using GSkill and have recommended it many times with great success. Corsair has it's share of problems, OCZ by far the worst and is very picky about the settings, Patriot would be my second choice for gaming with GSkill number one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM + SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
OCZ by far the worst and is very picky about the settings
I agree with you there with picky settings, but, at the same time, I have not really had a problem and i have 6GB of DDR3 Reaper-X modules, very good for gaming and i am very happy them.

But, that is my personal opinion.

I would recomend Kingstons Hyper-x as i also had a board with that ram, DDR2 800Mhz, even they were fine for gaming
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #19

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Core7 View Post
[
I got a cooler master GX-650 Watt, I took the old one out. I must say the 650 is powerful because the sales man (who I know) said this PSU wil jump start any BMW M3-series.
Sounds like he is confusing Watts with Amps, ann more specifically Cold Cranking Amps (CCA). A stock M3 battery is 640 CCA. 640 Amps at 12.66 volts is 640x12.66= 8102.4 Watts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Apr 2010   #20

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

No such thing per se...I use Team Xtreme DDR2 without any problems. Previous rig I used OCZ platinum..Rig I am in the process or bolting together is/will be using Gskill triple channel

Stay away from generic rubbish and you should be fine
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Please help me, witch RAM is the best foe gaming




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33