|18 Sep 2010||#21|
| || |
Keep plugging you'll fix it....
I remember having that issue a long time ago too. Sadly about all I remember is it had to do with that POS
Windows Live having to be installed and that same dll. My memory is hazy but I seem to recall that installing
the Windows LIve fixed the issue. I did not HAVE to use Windows live, merely have the offending DLL laying about.
In fact, my still working Fallout 3 on my system has this file in it's main directory:
I do have Games for Windows live installed I just discovered. I never use it unless forced to.
So, keep looking , do more google searches, or perhaps copying that dll to the main fallout directory is the trick.
Fallout 3 works fine on this Windows 7 64 bit system.
Edit. I seem to recall the issue was there is a old copy of xlive.dll the FAllout 3 game
install places there and that is the problem. Just copy a new version of the fresh install
of games for Windows xlive.dll to that directory (fallout main dir).
Thankfully Fallout Vegas won't be fooling with Games for Windows and xlive nonsense.
They are using the far superior *redacted to avoid thread hijacking* cloud for Fallout Vegas, and I'm glad for that as I've had no issues with *redacted by poster* since I started using it 2 years ago.
LoL. good luck.
|My System Specs|