Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Can i run Halo 2 ?

21 Apr 2010   #1
OneL

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
Can i run Halo 2 ?

ok, i have a 1.6 ghz single-core processor, i was wondering if i could run the game: Halo2. and i know my graphics card is good for it. i remember the requirements saying u need 2.0 ghz to play it, but ive played a game that needs 1.8 ghz and it ran pretty well.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Apr 2010   #2
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Have you read the minimum requirements for it?

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #3
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

My friend has a Dual-Core 1.8Ghz PC, with 1GB of RAM, same graphics as yours. Running 7 Home Basic (32-bit), cannot play it.

Well he can, but its more like a slideshow then a game.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Apr 2010   #4
OneL

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Have you read the minimum requirements for it?

~Lordbob
yes, of course i have, im not stupid (not that you are saying that i am)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #5
OneL

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNGamer View Post
My friend has a Dual-Core 1.8Ghz PC, with 1GB of RAM, same graphics as yours. Running 7 Home Basic (32-bit), cannot play it.

Well he can, but its more like a slideshow then a game.
im going to say it is because he has only 1gb of ram, i got to 2gb
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #6
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OneL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Have you read the minimum requirements for it?

~Lordbob
yes, of course i have, im not stupid (not that you are saying that i am)
Right.

No more help from me.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #7
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OneL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNGamer View Post
My friend has a Dual-Core 1.8Ghz PC, with 1GB of RAM, same graphics as yours. Running 7 Home Basic (32-bit), cannot play it.

Well he can, but its more like a slideshow then a game.
im going to say it is because he has only 1gb of ram, i got to 2gb
Perhaps, do you own a copy already or intend to buy it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #8
not so gray matter

W7 Ult. x64 | OS X
 
 

Quote:
* Microsoft® Windows® Vista™
* 2 GHz or faster processor
* 1 GB of system RAM
* 7 GB available hard disk space
* NVIDIA 6100, ATI X700, or above
It's possible that you might be able to play the game, but at the lowest possible specs... Even then it won't be enjoyable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #9
OneL

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OneL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNGamer View Post
My friend has a Dual-Core 1.8Ghz PC, with 1GB of RAM, same graphics as yours. Running 7 Home Basic (32-bit), cannot play it.

Well he can, but its more like a slideshow then a game.
im going to say it is because he has only 1gb of ram, i got to 2gb
Perhaps, do you own a copy already or intend to buy it?
im am considering to buy it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #10
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OneL View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OneL View Post

im going to say it is because he has only 1gb of ram, i got to 2gb
Perhaps, do you own a copy already or intend to buy it?
im am considering to buy it
Well, my opinion is to not try it. Save your money for a new PC for gaming or something slightly better than that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Can i run Halo 2 ?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Halo for PC
Will ever Microsoft launch halo 3 and other higher games in the series for PC. I can't afford an xbox 360 but however my brother owns a good laptop. Please do reply.
Gaming
Halo 2 will not run, no errors
I got Halo 2 for PC for Christmas. I installed it, but when I try to run, it won't start up. There are no visible signs it is running, except on the Task Manager. When I try to run, it shows up in Processes for a few seconds then disappears with no error message. I have tried running as...
Gaming
Halo 2 Problem
I have been trying to play Halo 2 for the past few days. When I play, about 50% the refresh rate of the game is about every .3 seconds. Another 40% of the time the refresh rate is about every second. The other 10% of the time it's normal. The sound is fine. I am absolutely sure I have the minimun...
Gaming
Halo 2?
Halo 2 for PC... Has anyone played it? Is it any good? I was thinking about buying it on Windows Live Marketplace.
Gaming
Please Help with Halo!
Hello, I'm not sure this is supposed to be in this forum, but heres the problem. Whenever I play Halo CE chat doesn't work on multiplayer so I installed msxmlcab.exe, but when I tried registering it it says "Please check to see if you need (x86) or (x64) version. How can I get the 64 bit one for...
Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App