I've recently installed windows 7 pro 32 bits on my computer and I can't get C&C: generals to work properly... The problem is that the ground is all white in the game. Buildings, hills, cars, ... all display normal but the ground textures are not. So basically the game is playable but isn't nice ofc :s
- MSI k8n neo4 platinum motherbord (NVidia Nforce 4 chipset)
- AMD athlon 64 3800+ processor (+ zalman cooler)
- NVidia GForce 7800 GTX (+ arctic cooling compatible cooler)
- 2 GB DDR RAM
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
- 2 x HDD (200gb sata and 320 gb sata -> seagate)
- Pioneer DVD writer/floppy disk/card reader
- Antec case
Ok, first of all I know that my hardware isn't the best, but C&C: generals should play just fine as it did on XP as well
I've installed C&C: generals as well as the expansion Zero Hour. Both games run, but show the same texture problem...
What I've done to try and fix it:
- Downloaded and installed the following latest drivers
: NVidia graphics driver
for the GPU, Creative sound driver for the sound card, Realtek AC'97 drivers updated, directX 9.0 (june 2010 latest version)
- Tryed to run in compatibility mode with XP SP2 and XP SP 3 and also to run as administrator
- Tryed the fix with the options.ini file in the Generals Data folder without succes
I regularely play this game with friends on a local LAN-party and this game just rocks so I realy would like to get it fixed properly on my windows 7 pro 32 bits system.
If anyone can help me plz, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Steph.