Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: win 7 question

31 Jul 2010   #1

1111111111111111
 
 
win 7 question

i bought a toshiba sattellite 675 and have got the microsoft up dates because im running very slow when i open more than 1 window any suggestions thx in advance,

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1
 
 

Brand new??

Try the following to speed up the laptop:
Remove extraneous preloaded software (bloatware): most of the Toshiba software & any trialware such as Microsoft Office or anti-virus software: Revo Uninstaller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Defrag the system hard drive: Auslogics Disk Defrag - Reviews and free Auslogics Disk Defrag downloads at Download.com
Clean out junk files/registry errors/ disable startup entries with: CCleaner - Standard
Remove any antivirus such as Norton or McAfee and use Microsoft Security Essentials (available from Microsoft website) http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/



Any questions, let me know
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2010   #3
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Hello johnnyreno, welcome to Seven Forums!





Have a look at the tutorial at the link below to see if you can optimize your Windows 7.


How to Speed Up the Performance of Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Jul 2010   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

If this is your spec's, I would return to retail check out.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 14
Size:  23.0 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2010   #5
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

What's eating your resources. Check the Resource Monitor to find out what's going on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2010   #6

1111111111111111
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
If this is your spec's, I would return to retail check out.

Attachment 88541
og do you mean take it back , if so can i ask why, any info please. thx in advance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2010   #7
Microsoft MVP

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by merkat106 View Post
Brand new??

Try the following to speed up the laptop:
Remove extraneous preloaded software (bloatware): most of the Toshiba software & any trialware such as Microsoft Office or anti-virus software: Revo Uninstaller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Defrag the system hard drive: Auslogics Disk Defrag - Reviews and free Auslogics Disk Defrag downloads at Download.com
Clean out junk files/registry errors/ disable startup entries with: CCleaner - Standard
Remove any antivirus such as Norton or McAfee and use Microsoft Security Essentials (available from Microsoft website) http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Any questions, let me know
In addition to these excellent suggestions I would uncheck all startup freeloaders in msconfig>Startup except AV and gadgets.

When using Revo, use Advanced Mode, select Uninstall for each unwanted bloatware program, then allow it to run Windows uninstaller, however DO NOT RESTART when prompted, instead click Next on Revo to Delete all of the bolded Registry keys and files leftover from normal uninstall. This gets all shreds of the offending programs out.

I would also run CCleaner ("Run CLeaner" and REgistry tab) before running Auslogics Disk Defragger.

Once you have completed these most basic steps for optimizing a new factory install, let us know how performance has improved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2010   #8

Windows 7 Pro
 
 

Here is another suggestion:

Soluto – Anti-Frustration Software

This program will allow you to remove or delay programs from "Startup". If finds things that startup that msconfig does NOT find.

I used Soluto for my XP pc and it cut the boot time by nearly half. It is an excellent program and it is free.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2010   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by theog View Post
If this is your spec's, I would return to retail check out.

Attachment 88541
og do you mean take it back , if so can i ask why, any info please. thx in advance

As unit is new, sounds like bad hardware.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2010   #10

1111111111111111
 
 

Thx im thinking the same about returning this unit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 win 7 question




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: win 7 question
Thread Forum
Solved Thermal Paste Question..(Noobish Question) PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Answer Question, Ask Question. Chillout Room
Solved Logitech 5.1 surround question and soundcard question IDT and Realtek Sound & Audio
Question BSOD Help and Support
ram question General Discussion
Question about being a IT Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33