Quote: Originally Posted by agathajack
Well, the problem that I'm experiencing isn't that big of a deal, but it is bugging me, so I decided to get it fixed. I've been looking everywhere (even in 2 languages) how to fix it, but I didn't find the solution, so I'm posting a thread here.
So, when I'm dragging a window (you know, the dialog box where all my stuff is) around, a frame appears at the move event. It used to be like when I drag it I can see all my stuff moving with the dialog box. Now it's like I wanna move the box somewhere else, a frame appears, so I can see where I wanna put that box and when I'm done placing it, the contents appear.
I looked it up in the control panel, but I still didn't find a place for that to be changed. I know where I could find that on win xp, but now I'm using win 7 HP. I cannot remember when this started to happen, but I discovered it today, that it's not like it is supposed to be.
I hope I made sense and I hope to get it fixed with your help. I feel real dumb right now, because the solution to my problem seems to be so easy and usually I aint that dumb with computers.
1) Click the Start button, right-click on "Computer", then select "Properties"
2) Click "Advanced system settings" (you may need to respond to a UAC prompt):
3) Under the "Advanced" tab of "System Properties", click the "Settings" button:
4) If all you want is to have the window contents displayed when dragging, click "Show window contents while dragging" in "Visual Effects":
5) I keep my settings on "Adjust for best appearance", whie basically selects everything in the "Custom" list. when you are done making your settings changes, click "OK"