Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Windows 7 is so complicated, should I change it?

04 Aug 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bits
 
 
Windows 7 is so complicated, should I change it?

Windows 7 is so complicated, should I change it?
HP told me all devices manufactured from 2010 should work with Windows 7.
But I'm tired I can't find hardware and software that are Windows 7 compatible, someone told me I should change to Windows Vista, I'm not sure, any suggestions?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Aug 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

You should give us a lot more detail than that. Windows 7 is not complicated at all, in terms of finding drivers, especially for new hardware. What hardware specifically do you think isn't Windows 7 compatible? If anything, Windows 7 has the best compatibility, because of the amount of included drivers, along with those available from Windows Update.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #3

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

almost every hardware and software that works with VISTA should work with 7 .

and if you don't like Win 7's interface like me, i'm using this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Aug 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Just because a programs description doesn't list Windows 7 as compatible doesn't mean that it isn't. Some of your older programs that you have been running in XP may not work, but there are newer versions or comparable software that is newer and designed to run on today's hardware. Generally, anything that can run on Vista, will run on 7. Believe me when I say you do not want to go to Vista. Just give it some time on 7 and get used to it. As with anything new it is a little confusing at first, but in time you will be glad you made the switch. If you want better help we will need more details of what is not working for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
You should give us a lot more detail than that. Windows 7 is not complicated at all, in terms of finding drivers, especially for new hardware. What hardware specifically do you think isn't Windows 7 compatible? If anything, Windows 7 has the best compatibility, because of the amount of included drivers, along with those available from Windows Update.
Well, I'm looking for a Wireless USB Hub for my printer, external disk, etc. There are not compatibles devices for Windows 7. Someone said Belkin F5L009, I contacted Belkin.com and they said it is having problems with Win 7. So, I can't find a Wireless USB Hub for my system. Also. I've been looking for a USB to DVI adapter, but again, no Windows 7 compatible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I have an old printer and it doesn't say that it is compatible with Windows 7, but I plug it in and within seconds Windows 7 has the driver installed and ready to go. Just buy a USB hub and plug it in. It will work. No need to find compatible stickers on everything. I put Win 7 on an 8 year old machine and it found drivers for everything. USB type stuff will work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjoakin View Post
Well, I'm looking for a Wireless USB Hub for my printer, external disk, etc. There are not compatibles devices for Windows 7. Someone said Belkin F5L009, I contacted Belkin.com and they said it is having problems with Win 7. So, I can't find a Wireless USB Hub for my system. Also. I've been looking for a USB to DVI adapter, but again, no Windows 7 compatible.
There are quote a few home routers that have USB ports for sharing on the network. You also have the option of sharing the printer and disk over a network normally as well. As for the USB to DVI adapter, I couldn't imagine wanting to use something like that, rather than an actual DVI output, but to each his own.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
. As for the USB to DVI adapter, I couldn't imagine wanting to use something like that, rather than an actual DVI output, but to each his own.
I have a HP Pavilion All in One MS230LA, it does not have VGA or Svideo output, so, my only option is the USB, so I need a USB To VGA adapter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #9

Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by housry23 View Post
I have an old printer and it doesn't say that it is compatible with Windows 7, but I plug it in and within seconds Windows 7 has the driver installed and ready to go. Just buy a USB hub and plug it in. It will work. No need to find compatible stickers on everything. I put Win 7 on an 8 year old machine and it found drivers for everything. USB type stuff will work.
Yes, my old printer did not have any trouble with Win 7. I agree with you. But, some Wireless USB HUB manufacturer says their product won't work with Win 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Aug 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bits
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kasor View Post
almost every hardware and software that works with VISTA should work with 7 .

and if you don't like Win 7's interface like me, i'm using this
Thanks for the tip, but I guess I will use the Windows 7 Interface, I need to get used to it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 is so complicated, should I change it?





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Windows 7 is so complicated, should I change it?
Thread Forum
A bit complicated... Hardware & Devices
Complicated problem restoring and or re-installing Windows 7 Installation & Setup
Solved Installing Windows 7 Ultimate on New System; Complicated Driver Issue Installation & Setup
UK: Too Complicated to Upgrade from IE6 News
Complicated Situation? Installation & Setup
a little complicated... Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33