Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Fonts issue or ?

08 Aug 2010   #1
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Fonts issue or ?

Hi.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I have issue with a software, that I run. It's about fonts. I use a software to detect telegraphy signs from my radio.

The text part is having the issue.

It can be viewed at:

http://www.urbakken.dk/cwskimmer.avi


I have travlled through the fonts setting, and they seems to be ok.
Please tell me what are the fonts settings as default ?.

And what could be the reason for the not correct characters ?.

If you look in the right part of the video, you can see, that the characters here are ok.

TIA

P.S. due to a reason I have problems reading the video in IE, whereas it's ok in Firefox.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Aug 2010   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Hi.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I have issue with a software, that I run. It's about fonts. I use a software to detect telegraphy signs from my radio.

The text part is having the issue.

It can be viewed at:

http://www.urbakken.dk/cwskimmer.avi


I have travlled through the fonts setting, and they seems to be ok.
Please tell me what are the fonts settings as default ?.

And what could be the reason for the not correct characters ?.

If you look in the right part of the video, you can see, that the characters here are ok.

TIA

P.S. due to a reason I have problems reading the video in IE, whereas it's ok in Firefox.

Are the characters (text) ok in firefox but not IE? If so it is a config issue issue in IE, not fonts.


(BTW -.-. --.- -..)


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2010   #3
Lasy B

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
(btw -.-. --.- -..)


ken
.-.. .. -.- . / .. - !!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Aug 2010   #4
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

W hat's CQD? Then I'll know if i like it or not!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2010   #5
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Hi.

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I have issue with a software, that I run. It's about fonts. I use a software to detect telegraphy signs from my radio.

The text part is having the issue.

It can be viewed at:

http://www.urbakken.dk/cwskimmer.avi


I have travlled through the fonts setting, and they seems to be ok.
Please tell me what are the fonts settings as default ?.

And what could be the reason for the not correct characters ?.

If you look in the right part of the video, you can see, that the characters here are ok.

TIA

P.S. due to a reason I have problems reading the video in IE, whereas it's ok in Firefox.

Are the characters (text) ok in firefox but not IE? If so it is a config issue issue in IE, not fonts.


(BTW -.-. --.- -..)


Ken

No, It's only the video itself, that I have problem with in IE8. But it seems being an audio issue.

The software decoding the CW is called CWSkimmer, and it has it's own window.

And you can call CQ I can read :-)

Can you see the video ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2010   #6
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
W hat's CQD? Then I'll know if i like it or not!
And X is missing ther :-)

It should be CQDX, and DX is Long Distance :-)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2010   #7
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
W hat's CQD? Then I'll know if i like it or not!
And X is missing ther :-)

It should be CQDX, and DX is Long Distance :-)
Oh I see now. My morse is a bit rusty now, haven't used it for some 45 years. It's about all I can do to type with two fingers let alone the dexterity needed for morse.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2010   #8
Lasy B

Windows 7 x64
 
 

CQD was also the one of the first SOS
Come Quick! Damnit!! ?????
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2010   #9
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
W hat's CQD? Then I'll know if i like it or not!
And X is missing ther :-)

It should be CQDX, and DX is Long Distance :-)
Oh I see now. My morse is a bit rusty now, haven't used it for some 45 years. It's about all I can do to type with two fingers let alone the dexterity needed for morse.

All ok, then you indeed need the CWSkimmer :-)

Does anyone have solutions for my issue -please !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Aug 2010   #10
darkhorse

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lasy B View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
(btw -.-. --.- -..)


ken
.-.. .. -.- . / .. - !!!
Whoom do you like :-)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Fonts issue or ?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Weird issue with wrong fonts displaying on a certain website
I'm having a weird issue with how a certain website is displaying in my browser. The font is all messed up, and I have no idea if it's an issue with my browser (Firefox), or my OS (Windows 7 32bit). The site is buzzfeed. It displays fine in my other browsers, but in Firefox, one of the fonts is...
Browsers & Mail
WU fonts issue
I am having this same issue (fonts being unreadable on some websites and strange formatting no matter what web browser I am using), and I just uninstalled all the problem updates I could find on my system. I just rebooted, however, and the problem remains. And, yes, I did make sure to shut...
Windows Updates & Activation
Title fonts in all web browsers viewing as open face fonts error
This started around the 1st of September. It seems like the title/headline fonts across all browsers, Firefox, IE and Chrome, has changed to an open face style font. I'm note sure what font it is. There was a windows update KB 2993651 that corresponded to my issue. I did a system restore to a...
Browsers & Mail
Global fonts management issue
I recently switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 and i find big difference in the default fonts that win 7 is using in comparison with XP. I mean win 7 fonts are real bad. I guess this can be fixed but can't find way to do this with the default Win 7 options. When i am talking about fonts i mean...
Performance & Maintenance
Microsoft Updates Core System Fonts To Fix Blurred Fonts Issues
Source A Guy
Browsers & Mail
invalid fonts issue
Hello out there.... Trying to install a bunch of new fonts. Keep getting "....invalid font". Tried a few workarounds without any luck. Decided to try logged in as administrator & worked no problem. But, the new fonts now only show up in Word & Photoshop, etc. when logged as Admin. HeLp.... ...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App