my computer was working fine and perfect this morning, but all of a sudden i have like 10 different problems all at once and i have no idea whats going on. i will number my issues and then you can view the picture numerically as i go on
1. im unable to update my computer it just shows a big X
2. there is a shield next to my "shut down" button in the start menu, but it will not disappear even if i apply the so called "updates" after i start up my computer again
3. i have multiple PC issues on my toolbar, one says im unable to connect to the internet even though i am currently connected and the other one says my virus protection is turned off and i must turn it back on, both are lies.
4. when i go to the task bar to turn on my "turned off" virus protection, for some reason my system32 folder opens up
5. my windows media player (or any other player) is unable to play any music, on top of that i have no sound. my speakers work fine and all my settings are correct and fine, but no sound is coming through
6. my internet connection list is empty
7. my internet adapter list is empty
8. i am unable to open files
i ran norton antivirus, microsoft security essentials, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
none of the scans found any viruses, spyware, or malware
im not a beginner when it comes to solving my PC issues, so i KNOW everything is hooked up fine, and all my drivers
are all up to date and have already checked all my settings related to these issues
i dont wish to reformat my hard drive AGAIN so if anyone knows anything about all this, some help would be appreciated