Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Consider Replacing your battery

15 Sep 2010   #1
Kathy

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
 
 
Consider Replacing your battery

HP Laptop
Pavilion dv5

i did opened a Administrator command prompt and typed
powercfg -energy -output c:\energy-report.html
and i got:

Energy efficiency problems were found

8 Erros
13 Warnings
19 Informational

and i attached the report file..
please help me! :S




Attached Files
File Type: zip energy-report.zip (3.9 KB, 99 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Sep 2010   #2
NoGoodNamesLeft

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

My laptop is only 5 weeks old and i have:
10 Errors
8 Warnings
13 Informationals

Im not sure why, but if my laptop is new, and it has that many errors/warnings then im guessing yours is fine also.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2010   #3
Kathy

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoGoodNamesLeft View Post
My laptop is only 5 weeks old and i have:
10 Errors
8 Warnings
13 Informationals

Im not sure why, but if my laptop is new, and it has that many errors/warnings then im guessing yours is fine also.
:P loool ... thanks for ur personal support
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Sep 2010   #4
NoGoodNamesLeft

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoGoodNamesLeft View Post
My laptop is only 5 weeks old and i have:
10 Errors
8 Warnings
13 Informationals

Im not sure why, but if my laptop is new, and it has that many errors/warnings then im guessing yours is fine also.
:P loool ... thanks for ur personal support
No problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2010   #5
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
HP Laptop
Pavilion dv5
All is fairly well normal.

This program must have been written by a wet-behind-the-ears junior programmer with his Computer Science degree and absolutely zero real-word experience.

The report is a joke in my opinion and a good example of bad programming.

Now with that out of the way.

The one thing that worries me is the battery report.

do me a favor plug you computer in but turned off. The HP should indicate that power is on and that the battery is charging or fully charged. Ignore that green led and leave the computer plugged in as many hours as possible.

Still the battery reading may be dismal. Batteries have a fixed life-time, even sitting on a shelf. No telling how old that battery is.

Interesting would be plugging in a "new" battery and seeing what is reported.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2010   #6
JDobbsy1987

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Me personally wouldn't worry if the battery was holding charge, if not then i would consider getting a new battery in the near future .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2010   #7
Kathy

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
HP Laptop
Pavilion dv5
All is fairly well normal.

This program must have been written by a wet-behind-the-ears junior programmer with his Computer Science degree and absolutely zero real-word experience.

The report is a joke in my opinion and a good example of bad programming.

Now with that out of the way.

The one thing that worries me is the battery report.

do me a favor plug you computer in but turned off. The HP should indicate that power is on and that the battery is charging or fully charged. Ignore that green led and leave the computer plugged in as many hours as possible.

Still the battery reading may be dismal. Batteries have a fixed life-time, even sitting on a shelf. No telling how old that battery is.

Interesting would be plugging in a "new" battery and seeing what is reported.
I got a real problem with the battery...
sometimes when i leave the battery 100% charged.. and turn off the computer...
in the next day, when i need to turn it on ... it can;t be turned on ..

then, i take the battery off... and put it on ..many times... (plugged in)
when i see the light on ... i say ..THANKS GOD! .


and .. simetimes..
i leave the computer turned off + plugged in .. 14 hours ..
when i wake up .. i can't turn it on :S ...

i don't know what to do with the battery...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2010   #8
karlsnooks

MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
 
 

Bad news. Solution: Replace battery. Buy via ebay or newegg and not via HP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2010   #9
JDobbsy1987

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

It may be worth checking the contacts where the battery connects, make sure they are not dirty or bent, I'm saying this as you have mentioned you need to remove and replace the battery many times and then it works, maybe its a connection issue which would also result in the laptop not charging sometimes?

Although i think Karlsnooks is probably the more likely option

Regards,
JDobbsy1987
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2010   #10
Kathy

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karlsnooks View Post
Bad news. Solution: Replace battery. Buy via ebay or newegg and not via HP.
Okay... :S .. Thanks anyway.. I appreciate your help
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Consider Replacing your battery




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Battery Problem - Consider replacing your battery
Last night when i switched on my laptop i was welcomed by a red cross on my battery icon which says consider your replacing battery :( I bought the laptop a year ago ,actually 13 months ago but i don't think it is the time to change my battery ! What can i do ?? Can i use my this battery for a...
Hardware & Devices
Replacing CMOS battery
How often should the CMOS battery be replaced in a laptop.Have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300-1FK which was three years old last August and is working fine.I contacted Toshiba to ask what type of cmos battery was installed but they were unhelpful and refused to give me make and model of battery,just...
Hardware & Devices
Consider replacing your battery? (then it went away..)
at school, my laptop was working perfectly until a friend let me borrow a usb to drag a game file onto my computer. that's when all this started. the computer started lagging and the OS would freeze temporarily (weird..) from then on up to a few minutes ago, the processor percentage would...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 7 battery (Consider replacing)
Hi, I keep getting a message saying 'Consider Replacing Battery'. I'm running Windows 7 on a Toshiba A300. I've read that this is a problem with Windows 7. I'm wondering if Toshiba has a fix for this such as a fix for the BIOS.etc or maybe a driver? I can't really find much help as far as a...
General Discussion
Consider replacing your battery
Hi, first of all i know there's a lot of threads here on the forum with this problem, but i couldn't find a solution in any of them (and yes, i read them all)... well, here's the problem. i have win7 ultimate 32bit installed for about 2 months now, and a few days ago i got the "Consider...
BSOD Help and Support
Consider Replacing battery?
This morning my laptop decided to tell me to buy a new laptop battery. I know my battery works fine, so why does it keep reminding me to get a new battery?
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App