Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Monitor Woes


18 Sep 2010   #1

windows 7
 
 
Monitor Woes

I have a Samsung px23720,the problem that I am having with it is that I cant get the full screen.I am running Windows 7 ult,radeon 5780 graphics card.I have tried adjusting everything to no avail.I cant even get the get the install disc to work with my pc,as it says that it is incompatible with my system.I have been onto Samsung,their helpline leaves a lot to be desired.For a supposed 23 "monitor i'm only getting a 20" pic.I have been down every road that i can think of to try and solve this.I am by no means brilliant on a pc,but I know my way round the different settings.I hope someone can help me.thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Sep 2010   #2
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

First how are you connecting to the monitor?

Second, proper model number go a long way when asking for help,

Quote:
I have a Samsung px23720
Samsung px23720 - Google Search
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Sep 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Home Premium x64
 
 

I think he has the same monitor as Me, which is a SyncMaster PX2370 (One of Samsung's LED 23" Widescreen Monitors)

As far as full screen is concerned, Yes, please tell us how you have your monitor hooked up to your computer. I am currently using the DVI connection and getting the full screen without any issue. As far as I can tell, I am having no issues and from the looks of your card, you don't have an analog connection, but a DVI connection, so you should be able to get the full screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Sep 2010   #4
Lee

Win 7 Pro x64, VM Win XP, Win7 Pro Sandbox, Kubuntu 11
 
 

For some reason this happens within Win 7, and an ATi card. I had the same problem with my iMac 27 when going from mini HDMI to HDMI on the monitor (Dell 24"). I changed out the cable with an HDMI off the mini to a DVI on the monitor, problem solved.

The Video in my iMac is a Radeon 4850. This happens only in Boot Camp where I was running Win 7.

Hope this helps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2010   #5

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
First how are you connecting to the monitor?

Second, proper model number go a long way when asking for help,

Quote:
I have a Samsung px23720
Samsung px23720 - Google Search
I'm ever so sorry.Not intentional.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2010   #6

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lee View Post
For some reason this happens within Win 7, and an ATi card. I had the same problem with my iMac 27 when going from mini HDMI to HDMI on the monitor (Dell 24"). I changed out the cable with an HDMI off the mini to a DVI on the monitor, problem solved.

The Video in my iMac is a Radeon 4850. This happens only in Boot Camp where I was running Win 7.

Hope this helps.
I shall try a DVI,at present I'm using a HDMI cable.Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2010   #7

windows 7
 
 

Oops no dvi on the back of this monitor.any other suggestions.Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Oops no dvi on the back of this monitor.any other suggestions.Thanks
Check again, Campbell... I have this monitor and it does have a DVI connection at the back.

The back of that monitor should look like this:


http://www.pczgc.com/uploads/userup/1001/0QHQGV6.jpg

That 'white' section... That's the DVI connection.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2010   #9

windows 7
 
 

Tried the Dvi connection.No joy.Guess I'll just have to save up and get another monitor.Thanks for your help anyway.I have never came across this problem with any monitor before.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Tried the Dvi connection.No joy.Guess I'll just have to save up and get another monitor.Thanks for your help anyway.I have never came across this problem with any monitor before.
Wait wait wait... What exactly happens when you have the DVI connector hooked up? And did you look at the monitor settings within windows?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Monitor Woes




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Monitor Woes
Thread Forum
Serious VHD woes Virtualization
More Walmart Woes Chillout Room
Dual Monitor woes in W7 Media Centre... Graphic Cards
Solved Dual Monitor Woes Graphic Cards
ATI All in Wonder Woes. Graphic Cards
WMC + XBOX + MKV woes Media Center
BSOD woes BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33