About a few hours ago, I folded my laptop shut to put it into sleep mode. I left the room for a bit, and came back to notice that I could still hear the fans running. The power light wasn't pulsing to indicate the computer was asleep, either. When I opened the computer, the screen wouldn't turn on, and the computer wouldn't respond to anything I did. All I could was do a force shut down and restart. I've had to do this three times now-the computer refuses to go fully into sleep mode. The only thing I suspect may be the culprit may be the updates I installed today.
- Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2398632)
- Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB2288613)
- Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2077208)
- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - September 2010 (KB890830)
- Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2347290)
- Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Does anyone know what the issue may be here?