|08 Oct 2010||#1|
| || |
Task Scheduler Shortcut Doesnt Work for Standard User
Here is my situation. I have an application which has interactive UI. UAC detected it has an "unknown publisher". I want to run this application under standard user account of my Windows 7 box. I know the the task scheduler shortcut workaround. And I have used it for the similar situation under administrator account. But it seems do not work in standard user account. Here is what I did,
1. Login as as a standard user.
2. Follow the Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create. Within the step, I use my standard account user in the scheduler.
2. I have to uncheck the run with high privileges, since the task scheduler won't allow me to check with with a standard user as the task owner.
3. After I created the task, I open the task scheduler again using "Run as a administrator"
4. Now I can edit the properties of that task and check the high privileges box without change the user to administrator.
5. I exit the scheduler again. And create the shortcut.
6. But when I run the shortcut, the UAC still detected the unknown publisher and asked for admin password.
The problem here is that I can't use any other account in the task scheduler, because
1. you can use the option - "run whether the user is login or not" because that option only works for non-interactive task.
2. I can use the administrator user in the task either, since it has to be run when the standard user not the administrator logs in.
Have any one had the same use case and found a solution to solve that without dialing UAC?
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Task Scheduler Shortcut Doesnt Work for Standard User|
|Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User||Tutorials|
|Task scheduler unable to load task status/active tasks at startup.||Performance & Maintenance|
|elevated task scheduler shortcut for standard user||General Discussion|
|Task Scheduler failing to start task with merged network locations||General Discussion|
|task scheduler doesn't work||General Discussion|
|Task Scheduler or Idiot User Problem?||Performance & Maintenance|
|My task scheduler doesnt work||General Discussion|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.