Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Icons on Desktop

28 Oct 2010   #1

XP
 
 
Icons on Desktop

Hi, everyone,

just dowloaded a new update from Microsoft, re started and all my icons have disapeared from my desktop.

They are still in a folder which I can access but are not to be seen on the desktop.

How do I get them back?

Sid

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Oct 2010   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Right click on your desktop > View > Show Desktop Icons . Make it sure that it is checked .


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2010   #3
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Hi Sid,

See if this helps -

Right click on desktop > view > Show desktop icons .... make sure that it is checked / ticked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Nov 2010   #4

XP
 
 

Thank you Gentlemen, jeez what would we do without you?

Sid
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #5
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sidean View Post
Thank you Gentlemen, jeez what would we do without you?

Sid

One of the gentlemen is a woman.

Moi!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Nov 2010   #6
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sidean View Post
Thank you Gentlemen, jeez what would we do without you?

Sid

One of the gentlemen is a woman.

Moi!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #7

XP
 
 

Whoops!


Sincerest apologies Madam or maybe Mademoiselle (Im in trouble here!)
To re rephrase and more to the point What could we ever do without you both?


Sid
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #8
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sidean View Post
Whoops!


Sincerest apologies Madam or maybe Mademoiselle (Im in trouble here!)
To re rephrase and more to the point What could we ever do without you both?


Sid
I'm laughing here....
Not to worry.
Jan.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #9

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sidean View Post
Whoops!


Sincerest apologies Madam or maybe Mademoiselle (Im in trouble here!)
To re rephrase and more to the point What could we ever do without you both?


Sid
I'm laughing here....
Not to worry.
Jan.
Hi Jan, I've been referred to as a gentleman once in a while also! These guys just assume we're guys too. I guess they don't realize that there are a lot of very smart cookies on this board! (And truthfully, I like being one of the "guys!")
Take care, Sue
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit/Windows 8.1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sidean View Post
Whoops!


Sincerest apologies Madam or maybe Mademoiselle (Im in trouble here!)
To re rephrase and more to the point What could we ever do without you both?


Sid
I'm laughing here....
Not to worry.
Jan.
Hi Jan, I've been referred to as a gentleman once in a while also! These guys just assume we're guys too. I guess they don't realize that there are a lot of very smart cookies on this board! (And truthfully, I like being one of the "guys!")
Take care, Sue
It makes them feel less intimidated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Icons on Desktop




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33