Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: URGENT HELP!!! Power failure during partition operation

17 Nov 2010   #1
bmj

Windows 7 Hope Premium 64bit
 
 
URGENT HELP!!! Power failure during partition operation

Guys/Girls,

My computer wouldn't start after a power failure during resizing partitions. I tried downloaded and used Repair Disk for Windows 7 64bit, which leads to the relevant screens but after a repeated restart of the system a note "...Interrupted operation: Insert the Recovery CD or other Recovery Media and reboot your PC..." still appears for already couple dozen restarts. I've purchased my Sony Vaio VPC23FX laptop with no additional disks and anything. Should I buy a new copy of Windows 4 Home Premium and start everything from a blank page or are there any other ways to make the computer start properly???


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Nov 2010   #2
bigmck

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bmj View Post
Guys/Girls,

My computer wouldn't start after a power failure during resizing partitions. I tried downloaded and used Repair Disk for Windows 7 64bit, which leads to the relevant screens but after a repeated restart of the system a note "...Interrupted operation: Insert the Recovery CD or other Recovery Media and reboot your PC..." still appears for already couple dozen restarts. I've purchased my Sony Vaio VPC23FX laptop with no additional disks and anything. Should I buy a new copy of Windows 4 Home Premium and start everything from a blank page or are there any other ways to make the computer start properly???
Have you tried booting into "Safe Mode"? On most PC's hitting F8 will get you into Safe Mode. Start your PC and immediatly state pressing F8 muliple times. If it gets into Safe Mode try doing a System Restore on a date before the problem started.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2010   #3
bmj

Windows 7 Hope Premium 64bit
 
 

Bigmck,

Thank you for your advise. I've tried it so. But it seems like I've ruined all of the recovery functions. Repair Computer sign in the Boot Menu does not appear and Safe Mode is not starting, although the Boot screen appears. My laptop is brand new too, so no documents on it. Is there any way to re-acquire the Windows 7 Home Premium by submitting my existing Windows Serial Number without needing to buy new Windows 7? Is such thing possible? your help will be most appreciated. Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Nov 2010   #4
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Do a restore to factory specs. Its in your manual. You must still have it on a new computer.

You have to hit an f key during boot. Usually f11, but look it up.
Can be f12 or others.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2010   #5
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Contact SONY. They have CD sets for each model that has Windows and all required drivers.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #6
James Colbert

 
 

If Rich's suggestion doesn't work, You can create a repair disk without an install DVD as per:

System Repair Disc - Create

But even if this works, your system may be hosed, which would make Jim's suggestion your best bet (Sony Recovery Disk).

James
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #7
FliGi7

XP / Win7 x64 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Contact SONY. They have CD sets for each model that has Windows and all required drivers.

Jim
And WHY do the manufacturers not ship the cd's with these systems anymore? It kills me. God forbid they spend a few more pennies to include a piece of bulk media that the user is entitled to anyway. I remember when companies first started doing this with laptops back in 2004 or so. I actually returned a Dell laptop because they wouldn't provide the media to me without spending extra money for the software I had paid for on the system.

But, yes, this is the best solution in my book and you'll have the media for any future misfortunes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #8
wds7

WDS 7 Home Pre.x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FliGi7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
Contact SONY. They have CD sets for each model that has Windows and all required drivers.

Jim
And WHY do the manufacturers not ship the cd's with these systems anymore? It kills me. God forbid they spend a few more pennies to include a piece of bulk media that the user is entitled to anyway. I remember when companies first started doing this with laptops back in 2004 or so. I actually returned a Dell laptop because they wouldn't provide the media to me without spending extra money for the software I had paid for on the system.

But, yes, this is the best solution in my book and you'll have the media for any future misfortunes.
+ 1 ...
Some brand only let you do a recovery disc within 30 days from the day you bought it ..
like HP for one ...
Thanks god Sony let me do it any time i want .."in case i lost R-cd" ..

Back to the case ....best way is to buy recovery disc ...only $25.00 from Sony"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #9
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 
 

Since your Sony is new, you are entitled to a full year of Tech Support to help you recover or replace your VAIO. I would contact them first.

If Win7 Repair CD will not boot to run Startup Repair, then try running the built-in Sony Recovery Partition by pressing Alt + F10 at bootup. This will restore your computer to factory condition.,

Manufacturers no longer provide an OS installation DVD to enforce their bloatware. Tech enthusiasts get around this by finding a clean-copy installer to reinstall factory Win7 which they own with the Product Key on the COA sticker.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #10
Phone Man

Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64bit, Windows 7 HP 64bit
 
 

Quote from Sony on their Recovery DVD.

"A set of DVD's that includes the Microsoft Windows program, plus any original Sony software and device drivers included with the PC. The recovery DVD Assembly does not include any Word processing software, 3rd-party programs, or games. Recovery DVD's are created for specific models and are not interchangeable."

No 3rd party bloatware.

Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 URGENT HELP!!! Power failure during partition operation




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
External Hard Drive failure. "Bad disk" after power failure
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping to get some help. I had a power outage while my WD Elements 1.5 TB Hard drive was on. I wasn't accessing it but apparently that was enough. I had a lot of important data on it but losing hope after unsuccessful attempts to use PhotoRec to get items off it. It...
Hardware & Devices
SUPER URGENT! NTFS partition deleted, need to recover
I accidentally deleted the NTFS partition on my win home premium 64bit hard drive... I now need to recover it, but all the tools out there you have to pay for it to make it work fully, please help... hard drive is blank :'(
General Discussion
MBR Partition issue during CCE scan operation... how to recover MBR
Hi I ran CCE. I got the definition file, it asked if I wanted to reboot, restarted and windows startup repair ran... let it run, reported MBR corruption, restarted, booted into NEW OS with loads of apps testing all my hardware... and a new C drive http://i58.tinypic.com/2lt1pa0.png Has...
General Discussion
URGENT.Windows 7 install freeze recovery partition and bootable usb
Hi eveyone! I.know some of you may say that there are other posts that have solved this But my case is particularly different.. My windows froze and crashed this morning.I have a sony vaio eb series laptop core i34gb ram 320hdd... Ive done a number of things: Tried system...
Installation & Setup
BSODs after possible power failure - Kernel-Power Event ID:41
Hello there. Firstly, sorry for not posting the zipped files as requested, I ran the utility but my paths are custom and it did not create the folder as expected. I include the crashdump files and diagnostic however. Some background: PC is about 4 years old. It had Vista (x64) on it for the...
BSOD Help and Support
Power Failure
Yesterday there was a power failure in my house while my pc was running my pc was idle at the desktop with only firefox open now im kind of worried that the power loss might have corrupted something ive done the usual like sfc /scannow and chkdsk and they didn't find any errors and i...
General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App