|20 Nov 2010||#1|
| || |
Slow boot and random slowdowns after boot...
In the last few days it's gone from taking me maybe a minute to boot to several minutes and even after the computer has fully booted there is random slowdown, but there aren't really any processes using up cpu cycles according to the task manager. I've tried everything from reverting to another save point, defragging, limiting which services and programs start at boot, reinstalling drivers and and various programs without luck. I tried using the windows performance analysis tools to study what was running when during the boot process and it's pretty inconclusive. It runs much better in safe mode. I also run Linux and it does not seem laggy and as I've tested the hard disk and ram I'm lead to believe it's not a hardware issue... Any help would be appreciated
|My System Specs|
|20 Nov 2010||#2|
| || |
Have you run an Anti-virus/spyware scan? See if MBam finds anything:
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop
|MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.46 Download
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. Copy and Paste that log into your next reply.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Slow boot and random slowdowns after boot...|
|Random slow boot times after memory upgrade||Performance & Maintenance|
|Windows bsod on boot, slow boot, disk thrashing.||BSOD Help and Support|
|Random Freezing/BSOD, Boot Disk Failure, OK Cold Boot then Repeat||BSOD Help and Support|
|20 min+ boot time, boot is in slow motion||General Discussion|
|Computer seems to be a mess, random restarts, slow boot time.||General Discussion|
|Windows 7 boot is slow (2-3 minutes) without boot manager||Performance & Maintenance|
|Random Slow Boot Ups||Performance & Maintenance|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.