Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win + ... keyboard shortcuts

22 Nov 2010   #1

Windows 7 Enterprise
 
 
Win + ... keyboard shortcuts

Hello,

I've recently migrated from Windows XP Pro to Win 7 Ent and now I see that it's not possible to assign a shortcut to some Win + Key combinations, namely

Win + C
Win + Up arrow
Win + Down arrow
Win + Space

I've found a way to disable all the Win + ... shortcuts as described here: Disable Win+X Shortcut Keys on Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

But I'd still like to use standard Win + D and Win + E, so disabling all is not a good option for me. Does any one know a more suitable solution?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Nov 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valera View Post
Hello,

I've recently migrated from Windows XP Pro to Win 7 Ent and now I see that it's not possible to assign a shortcut to some Win + Key combinations, namely

Win + C
Win + Up arrow
Win + Down arrow
Win + Space

I've found a way to disable all the Win + ... shortcuts as described here: Disable Win+X Shortcut Keys on Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

But I'd still like to use standard Win + D and Win + E, so disabling all is not a good option for me. Does any one know a more suitable solution?
Well, no, either you disable all <WINDOWS>+<KEY> combinations, or keep all of them.

Is there any particular reason why you need to re-assign <WINDOWS>+<C>, <WINDOWS>+<UP>, <WINDOWS>+<DOWN>, <WINDOWS>+<DOWN> and <WINDOWS>+<SPACE>?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #3

Windows 7 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
Is there any particular reason why you need to re-assign <WINDOWS>+<C>, <WINDOWS>+<UP>, <WINDOWS>+<DOWN>, <WINDOWS>+<DOWN> and <WINDOWS>+<SPACE>?
Well, I'm just used to have these shortcuts assigned to some of Winamp actions via Global Hotkeys plugin.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Nov 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by valera View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
Is there any particular reason why you need to re-assign <WINDOWS>+<C>, <WINDOWS>+<UP>, <WINDOWS>+<DOWN>, <WINDOWS>+<DOWN> and <WINDOWS>+<SPACE>?
Well, I'm just used to have these shortcuts assigned to some of Winamp actions via Global Hotkeys plugin.
I see. I'm assuming you're using them to control WinAmp playback? Why not just get a keyboard with media control keys? A basic one will be about $10 - $20?

Sorry I can't help you with disablling specific WINDOWS_KEYS....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #5

 
 

Hi, you may want to have a look at AutoHotKey and see if it'll help achieve what you want
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #6

Windows 7 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
Hi, you may want to have a look at AutoHotKey and see if it'll help achieve what you want
Yeah, I'm thinking of disabling the standard hotkeys by updating a registry value and then re-create the ones I need like Win+D using a software like AutoHotKey. Still a little bit irritated that it's not possible to turn off only specific hotkeys.

Thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Nov 2010   #7

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
Hi, you may want to have a look at AutoHotKey and see if it'll help achieve what you want
+1 this sounds like the answer!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2010   #8

windows 7 Ultimate 64, home premium 32
 
 
a solution for everyone!

I strongly suggest that you try a program that I have installed on all the computers on my network! It has changed my life when doing web work and it is FREE! I promise you that you will NOT be disappointed; in fact, after a few weeks, you'll wonder how you ever did without it!

http://www.skynergy.com/hotkeyz.html

Oh yeah, an aspect of this software is that it allows you to map shortcut keys to winamp.


Being a newbie here, I'm not certain how the display will be; however, I've uploaded a few screen shots that give you a sample of what this software will do.

Name:  winamp_640.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  111.1 KB

Name:  Windows Control Panel_640.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  hotkey commands_640.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  105.3 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win + ... keyboard shortcuts




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Win + ... keyboard shortcuts
Thread Forum
Solved Keyboard Shortcuts? General Discussion
Solved Keyboard shortcuts don't work General Discussion
Keyboard - Shift & Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts Hardware & Devices
Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcuts You Must Know ! General Discussion
Keyboard Shortcuts General Discussion
A Keyboard / Shortcuts issue General Discussion
Keyboard Shortcuts General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33