Quote: Originally Posted by nikkula
How can i upgrade without losing any information from previous OS?
I do not have external hard drive....
The way I would upgrade if I was you,
1. burn the iso as slow as possible. 2x to 4x recommended
(I use the DVD for backup).I do not install from DVD.
2. make a partition on your 500 GB of at least 15GB.
3. uncompress the ISO (i use ultraiso) to the new partition (D:\). I do this cause its faster to install.
4. run cleanup, run defrag, remove your AV, and disable/remove the FW.
5. open in D:\ setup
6. use the upgrade option. when ask.
set back and relax and enjoy 7100 when it is finished.
7. install Antiviris and Firewall.
Now many folks do not like upgrades. I do.