Quote: Originally Posted by SputnikNYC
Hi all, new guy here....
I was wandering, will Microsoft ever implement (maybe upcoming SP?) Smooth Scrolling to Windows Explorer, in other words, windows and folders have jerky scrolling and i think SS would be nice!?
If you don't have any additional mouse drive utilities installed, then click the Start Orb, right-click Computer, then select Properties:
- Click "Advanced system settings"
- Click "Advanced"
- Click "Settings" under Performance
- Make sure "Smooth-scroll list boxes" is checked
You also need to remember that when you scroll views in Windows Explorer, it scrolls on a line-by-basis, the default of which is 3. This is sometimes perceived as "jerky". You can adjust the number of lines that are scrolled by doing the following:
- Open Control Panel
- Click "Hardware and Sound"
- Under "Devices and Printers", click "Mouse"
- Click the "Wheel" tab
- Adjust "Vertical Scrolling" according to your preferences
- Click OK