Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HDD space help ..

08 Dec 2010   #1

WDS 7 Home Pre.x64
 
 
HDD space help ..

Hi All.
I have about 7GB Unallocated partition that is not used ...
How do i merge "or delete" ...so i can use more for my HDD ..?
Thanks

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Dec 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

This should help you
Paragon Partition Manager
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate x 64 & Windows 8.1 x 64
 
 

If the 7 Gb partition is on the same disk you could try this tutorial How to Extend a Partition or Volume in Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


08 Dec 2010   #4
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

depending on where on the disk that free space is placed, you will have to use different programs. With Disk Management you can only extend a partition if the space is to the right of that partition. Else you can use : BEST FREE Partition Manager Software for Windows supports all 32-bit & 64 bit Windows No-server OS.
If you post a picture of your Disk Management, we will be able to give you more detailed guidance.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2010   #5

WDS 7 Home Pre.x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
depending on where on the disk that free space is placed, you will have to use different programs. With Disk Management you can only extend a partition if the space is to the right of that partition. Else you can use : BEST FREE Partition Manager Software for Windows supports all 32-bit & 64 bit Windows No-server OS.
If you post a picture of your Disk Management, we will be able to give you more detailed guidance.
Sorry i forgot ..:
Here is my sc/shot .
Name:  12-8-2010 12-26-12 PM.png
Views: 4
Size:  15.3 KB

I used EASEUS Partition Master 6.5.1 Professional "Giveaway" to delete it but do not know how to merge them together.

Here is the link.if anybody needs it..
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2010   #6

WDS 7 Home Pre.x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IownAmoneyPit View Post
If the 7 Gb partition is on the same disk you could try this tutorial How to Extend a Partition or Volume in Windows 7
I tried that, but did not work ..
The unallocated is on the left of main Partition ...so the "extend" option is GRAY out .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2010   #7
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Try Partition Wizard, that works. I always recommend to burn the bootable CD (on the left of their page. That is handy because you are independent of the OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2010   #8

WDS 7 Home Pre.x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Try Partition Wizard, that works. I always recommend to burn the bootable CD (on the left of their page. That is handy because you are independent of the OS.
I don't seem to have that wizard ...
Name:  1.png
Views: 3
Size:  48.5 KB

I'd already made WdsImageRecovry and the disc .So I'm Ok for now.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2010   #9
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

see whether you can move this boundary to the left (in Resize/Move).


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2010   #10

WDS 7 Home Pre.x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
see whether you can move this boundary to the left (in Resize/Move).
Well ....I decided to do a partition recovery to get it back to normal ..
Sony utility wizard keeps asking me to put it back if i delete it.
Thanks for your help .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HDD space help ..




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33