|12 Dec 2010||#1|
| || |
font colors gone and web buttons missing
Help? Anyone seen this before? I believe this to be some software or driver issue but am not sure, could be hardware I guess, I don't think it's a piece of malicious code though...
1) Font colors don't appear in MS documents like excel, word, powerpoint although I can look at the properties of said characters and they claim to be colored.
2) colors show in Paint and other offline operation seems normal though I haven't exhausted the possibilities.
3) Web pages all have missing buttons and background pictures like little GIF files and the like, for instance no "Add to Cart" button in Amazon although I can scroll the mouse over where the button should be and detect that it is there, but hiding. Same problem w Explorer or Firefox.
4) The word "Help?" at the beginning of my post should be some other color than black, but shows up as black on my screen.
Lenovo 510 x64 PC // Windows 7 Pro // i7 CPU // 8GB mem
NVDIA NVS 3100M 512MB // all updates applied
Attempts at looking at problem:
1) Lenovo diagnostics say all is fine.
2) Avast, Malwarbytes, HouseCall all report no problems (am using ZoneAlarm too).
3) Hardware Resources seem to all check out fine
1) Give me a DOS, XP or Linux machine and I know what I'm doing.
2) I'm totally lost with Window 7.
Am I in the right forum? Any help is of course greatly appreciated!
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: font colors gone and web buttons missing|
|How to increase Photoshop's GUI font/buttons size||Customization|
|How to change Win 7 Calculator Font / Missing Font||General Discussion|
|Colors of font and typing fields||Customization|
|Missing Buttons (close, maximize, etc...)||Customization|
|Colors missing in many places||General Discussion|
|my 3 d flip buttons are missing||General Discussion|
|IE8 background colors missing on Print Preview||Browsers & Mail|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.