|17 Dec 2010||#1|
| || |
Lost the Windows search feature, even in services in comp management
I was disabling features in windows to try to improve performance. I disabled windows search but now its gone. tried a scan check in command prompt for windows file and it said everythings fine. when i try to press the windows button and f it says that there is no program associated with this action. how can i get my windows search feature back?
|My System Specs|| |
|17 Dec 2010||#2|
| || |
I'll edit this thread and post some steps - don't go away.
1. Click Start, and right-click on Manage - > this opens the Management Console
2. Click Services and Applications, then click Services
- scroll down to Windows Search
- does it say "Disabled" as per the image below?
3. Right Click on Windows Search, and then click Properties
4. Change Disabled to Automatic as per the image.
5. Click Apply, Click OK, and then close the Management Console.
6. Reboot your PC
Everything should now be good to go. Let me know how you get on.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for: Lost the Windows search feature, even in services in comp management|
|windows search services||General Discussion|
|BSOD +Search Function lost +Outlook crashing +services not enabling||BSOD Help and Support|
|Search feature in Windows 7 = No Search!||General Discussion|
|Windows 7 Search Feature Suggestion||General Discussion|
|I somehow broke my windows search feature, help needed.||General Discussion|