Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Something odd that I noticed


18 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
Something odd that I noticed

I don't really know if this is a bug or not, but when I hover over an icon on the status bar, the little selection bars stay on the icon I last hovered over. To show you what I'm talking about, here's a picture:

Name:  oddproblem.PNG
Views: 188
Size:  23.8 KB

I don't really know if that's normal or not, if it is, I just never happened to notice it lol



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Dec 2010   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

It doesn't do that on my computer.
Something's amiss.
Do you get a pop-up tool giving you the Program Name if you hover for a few seconds?
I ask because I do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2010   #3
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 8.1 Enterprise
 
 

Hello Wii Master,

Normally, the selection bars around a non-opened taskbar icon should go away as soon as the mouse pointer is no longer hovering on the icon.

If this is not happening for you, then you might see if a simple restart may resolve it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


18 Dec 2010   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rap33042 View Post
It doesn't do that on my computer.
Something's amiss.
Do you get a pop-up tool giving you the Program Name if you hover for a few seconds?
I ask because I do.
Yeah, but it goes away after a couple of seconds. The bars remain there though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2010   #5

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Perhaps it is just a slower computer. check into speeding it up (reducing the pretties of win 7 to get the performance back), or try this:

any way to make taskbar thumbnails appear faster?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
Perhaps it is just a slower computer. check into speeding it up (reducing the pretties of win 7 to get the performance back), or try this:

any way to make taskbar thumbnails appear faster?
It's not those thumbnails I'm referring to, it's just the little rectangle that shows the name of the program, if it's not running. Also, my computer's pretty fast, so I don't think that's the problem...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #7

Windows Seven x64
 
 

Might just be the explorer process...

Did you try restarting your system? (Like Brink mentioned above.)

Did this always happen? Or did it just start having this issue?

Ryan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #8

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wii Master 64 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
Perhaps it is just a slower computer. check into speeding it up (reducing the pretties of win 7 to get the performance back), or try this:

any way to make taskbar thumbnails appear faster?
It's not those thumbnails I'm referring to, it's just the little rectangle that shows the name of the program, if it's not running. Also, my computer's pretty fast, so I don't think that's the problem...
I know what you're talking about, however I still think you should try to make the thumbnails display faster (to see if it works), set it to like 40 or something. You've updated everything?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wii Master 64 View Post
I don't really know if this is a bug or not, but when I hover over an icon on the status bar, the little selection bars stay on the icon I last hovered over. To show you what I'm talking about, here's a picture:

Attachment 124546

I don't really know if that's normal or not, if it is, I just never happened to notice it lol

Probably a bug because my system has done that at times. Not often, but a few times already. Reboot usually clears it, but as to what makes it stick like that at random times not sure. Possibly from bugs in software that's pinned to the the taskbar. Have had it happen on the notification area (system tray side) as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Dec 2010   #10

Winbdows 7 ultimate x64 | Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTS
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wii Master 64 View Post
I don't really know if this is a bug or not, but when I hover over an icon on the status bar, the little selection bars stay on the icon I last hovered over. To show you what I'm talking about, here's a picture:

Attachment 124546

I don't really know if that's normal or not, if it is, I just never happened to notice it lol
Well, I have had a similar problem like this, not with the pinned items but with the notification icons. However, usually doing some 'Refresh(s)' on the desktop or hovering over/clicking other icon removed the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Something odd that I noticed




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Something odd that I noticed
Thread Forum
Something I Have Noticed Chillout Room
Just Noticed This Chillout Room
To whoever noticed... Chillout Room
Something I've noticed? Graphic Cards

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33