|20 Dec 2010||#1|
Need help setting Standby/Sleep from Welcome or Logon Screen
Managing 4 PC's in a common use area. The PC's are set to log out after 15 minutes of idle. At this welcome screen though, I'd like to set the PC's to go into standby after 20 minutes. What setting do I need to adjust to accomplish this?
I know in the registry the .DEFAULT user manages the welcome screen environment, just couldn't find the correct setting.
Thanks for your help.
I figured this out on my own. Steps:
1) Set your power options (Turn screen off after x minutes, standby after y minutes) in your admin profile.
2) Restart the Computer
3) Run regedit.exe. Navigate to current user / control panel / powercfg. Export the powercfg key (including subkeys).
4. Open the saved file in notepad (right click on it and hit edit).
5. Go to EDIT, REPLACE: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" --> "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT"
6. Hit Replace All. Save file and exit.
7. Doubleclick the file (merge into registry).
8. Restart computer.
Hope this helps others who may be searching for this.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Need help setting Standby/Sleep from Welcome or Logon Screen|
|BSOD coming out of sleep or standby mode or just by setting down||BSOD Help and Support|
|Is there a Sleep setting that can include a screen saver?||General Discussion|
|Security logon after screen saver time out/sleep.||General Discussion|
|Standby vs Sleep?||General Discussion|
|Screen Resolution keeps re-setting on sleep mode||Graphic Cards|
|Black screen after standby or sleep||BSOD Help and Support|
|S3 Standby/Sleep not even available but S1 and S4 are?||General Discussion|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.