Managing 4 PC's in a common use area. The PC's are set to log out after 15 minutes of idle. At this welcome screen though, I'd like to set the PC's to go into standby after 20 minutes. What setting do I need to adjust to accomplish this?
I know in the registry the .DEFAULT user manages the welcome screen environment, just couldn't find the correct setting.
Thanks for your help. EDIT: SOLUTION
I figured this out on my own. Steps:
1) Set your power options (Turn screen off after x minutes, standby after y minutes) in your admin profile.
2) Restart the Computer
3) Run regedit.exe. Navigate to current user / control panel / powercfg. Export the powercfg key (including subkeys).
4. Open the saved file in notepad (right click on it and hit edit).
5. Go to EDIT, REPLACE: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" --> "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT"
6. Hit Replace All. Save file and exit.
7. Doubleclick the file (merge into registry).
8. Restart computer.
Hope this helps others who may be searching for this.