Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: A Betta Joke...???

15 Jun 2009   #1
paulk

XP sp3
 
 
A Betta Joke...???

Hi all,

By now im sure we are all familiar with the Betta fish joke that im sure made us all chortle a little...

But just been thinking about the boot loader screen (and im sorry if this has already been done to death)

But to me that white bird looks like a Dove, and its carring that twig in its beak, is it possibly carrying an Olive branch...????

Now for all you heathans and blasphemers out there, that diddnt attend bible classes this is an old bible story (somewhere in Genesis), basically the dove offering the branch is a peace offering or signifying peacefull intentions...

Anybody else Twig this LOL...

Paul


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Jun 2009   #2
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

I don't know why people think it's a dove. It's not a dove, it's a hummingbird.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #3
Dzomlija

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Hi all,

By now im sure we are all familiar with the Betta fish joke that im sure made us all chortle a little...

But just been thinking about the boot loader screen (and im sorry if this has already been done to death)

But to me that white bird looks like a Dove, and its carring that twig in its beak, is it possibly carrying an Olive branch...????

Now for all you heathans and blasphemers out there, that diddnt attend bible classes this is an old bible story (somewhere in Genesis), basically the dove offering the branch is a peace offering or signifying peacefull intentions...

Anybody else Twig this LOL...

Paul
Actually, the olive branch (from the story of Noah and the flood), doesn't signify peace or peaceful intentions. It is meant to give hope. For those who don't know (shame on you ), when the flood started subsiding, Noah sent out a dove to see if there is land. The first dove returned with nothing. The second dove returned with the olive branch in it's beak, signalling that it had found dry land. This gave Noah and his family the hope that they will soon be able to leave the ark and start over in a cleansed world.

I think perhaps that is maybe what Microsoft had in mind. With the flood of bad rep Vista got, I think that they want to give us the hope that Windows 7 will give us all a fresh start....

What do you think?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jun 2009   #4
paulk

XP sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dzomlija View Post
Actually, the olive branch (from the story of Noah and the flood), doesn't signify peace or peaceful intentions. It is meant to give hope. For those who don't know (shame on you ), when the flood started subsiding, Noah sent out a dove to see if there is land. The first dove returned with nothing. The second dove returned with the olive branch in it's beak, signalling that it had found dry land. This gave Noah and his family the hope that they will soon be able to leave the ark and start over in a cleansed world.

I think perhaps that is maybe what Microsoft had in mind. With the flood of bad rep Vista got, I think that they want to give us the hope that Windows 7 will give us all a fresh start....

What do you think?
And there you go.....

It has been many years and im now too old too grey an too long in the tooth to remember the whole story...

but i for one certainly have high hopes...after all its gotta be betta than vista....!

(and it looks nothing like a hummming bird...que..?)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #5
FullyLoadedMan

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6
 
 

Dove.... Pfft

Its a Dodo!

OMG
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #6
paulk

XP sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FullyLoadedMan View Post
Dove.... Pfft

Its a Dodo!

OMG
Idiot Dodos couldnt fly...

LOl
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #7
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulk View Post
but i for one certainly have high hopes...after all its gotta be betta than vista....!
Nice.

Anyway, maybe it wants us to Twitter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #8
andych

Windows 7 RTM Ultimate - Activated (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulk View Post
And there you go.....

It has been many years and im now too old too grey an too long in the tooth to remember the whole story...

but i for one certainly have high hopes...after all its gotta be betta than vista....!

(and it looks nothing like a hummming bird...que..?)
Your too old....man I was there....and that Dove crapped on everything.....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #9
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm actually a expert on birds, and it's a hummingbird. How it would be mistaken for a dove, I wouldn't know. The thing you think is a branch is actually it's beak.



Name:  hummimgbird12.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  43.5 KBName:  hummingbird1.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  15.9 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2009   #10
Generator

XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
 
 

Definitely a hummingbird..

Name:  hummingbird1.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  20.8 KBName:  hummingbird2.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  27.2 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 A Betta Joke...???




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Joke-EjectCD
Hi, Sorry If this is in the wrong place, I wasn't too sure where to post it. I recently found on the internet a fake virus code to type into Notepad. It is called Joke-EjectCD. It is a prank to keep opening and closing your disk drive until you shut down your pc. I thought I would give it a...
BSOD Help and Support
Is this a joke?
Windows Live Movie Maker. Horrible. Absolutely horrible. What am I supposed to do without a timeline? After all, they removed it because it was 'scary'. Maybe if this makes the software more usable to three year olds, they thought it was a good idea, but my god Microsoft, what is this? Is it...
Music, Pictures & Video
Joke of the day :)
A 86-year-old man went to his doctor for his annual check-up.... The doctor asked him how he was feeling, and the 86-year-old said, "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20-year-old bride who is pregnant with my child! So what do you think about that Doc?" The doctor...
Chillout Room
Does anyone have the betta fish wallpaper?
I couldn't find anywhere better to post this, and I want it to be the original quality, as in ripped from windows with no quality change.
Customization
Fishy Joke!
How many you got the fishy joke? hehe.. I didnt. :) Siamese fighting fish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:30.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App